• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Do i cut my losses?

Robda1986

Ordered two oderable sovs in late Jan at separate dates, one is due to arrive next week (The one I ordered later funnily enough, lool). But, the other will come too rest assured.

Thank you Mr Chard! (Can I get a free capsule for being good!)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, JasonDavies said:

LawrenceChard thank you for letting me know. It was such a great bit of advertising I have just subscribed to your site and bought a 2013 gold Brit.

Thank you for letting me know.

I will tag @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer in to the post.

That's to let our staff know I do actually do some work when I'm WFH. 🙂

Chards

On 12/02/2021 at 13:54, Mike1976 said:

Your complaint is completely valid and it’s  a shame the seller cannot see that.
Thank you for posting and highlighting your problem. I will not be using that seller in the future. 

Looks like you won't ever buy anything from the Royal Mint! 🙂

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/investing/article-9380315/Royal-Mint-customers-charged-thousands-stock-gold-bars-coins.html

At least we tell people clearly whether we have it in stock or not.

... And we don't take 19 days to ship items which we do have in stock.

Chards

10 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/investing/article-9380315/Royal-Mint-customers-charged-thousands-stock-gold-bars-coins.html

... And we don't take 19 days to ship item which we do have in stock.

My criticism was your poor customer service and poor communication. It had nothing to do with your stock levels.
I make an effort to avoid all types of businesses that behave as they are doing the customer a favour.

32 minutes ago, Mike1976 said:

My criticism was your poor customer service and poor communication. It had nothing to do with your stock levels.
I make an effort to avoid all types of businesses that behave as they are doing the customer a favour.

I posted the above quoting your comment because it fitted the recent news well, rather than any other reason, and did add a "smiley" to it in an attempt to indicate that it was intended as light-hearted.

As you, presumably, now know from the lengthy postings, the OP bought after we had clearly alerted him to an "indefinite" delay. He had a choice, and had to make a positive choice before proceeding to purchase, and even then received 2 further alerts. This was not poor communication.

We do not behave as though we are doing our customers a favour. I believe transactions should only occur when both parties are willing, and are in accord with each other. 

Because we maintain high moral standards, we do expect our customers to reciprocate.

I am quite happy for people to buy or deal elsewhere, although they will often be paying higher prices, either from the Royal Mint, or from competitors who might happen to have stock when we don't. Everybody is free to make their own choice.

🙂

Chards

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

... And we don't take 19 days to ship item which we do have in stock.

Just seen my review in this article 😂😂😂 does anyone know how we contact daily mail to have our reviews removed from their articles? I didn't consent to this propaganda against RM 

27 minutes ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Just seen my review in this article 😂😂😂 does anyone know how we contact daily mail to have our reviews removed from their articles? I didn't consent to this propaganda against RM 

I guess the Daily Mail will say that as you published your comment, it is in the public domain, therefore it is entitled to cite it.

I would not call it propaganda against the Royal Mint, although Duncan (Chard) said to me half an hour ago, that if it had been ny other bullion dealer, the DM would not have even mentioned it.

The Royal Mint do, of course, get a lot of free publicity from the UK and international press, just because of who they are, so they should not expect to be exempt from criticism when they under-perform.

I believe that with their resources, the RM could, and should, do better, even though I fully understand their problems.

Chards

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I guess the Daily Mail will say that as you published your comment, it is in the public domain, therefore it is entitled to cite it.

I would not call it propaganda against the Royal Mint, although Duncan (Chard) said to me half an hour ago, that if it had been ny other bullion dealer, the DM would not have even mentioned it.

The Royal Mint do, of course, get a lot of free publicity from the UK and international press, just because of who they are, so they should not expect to be exempt from criticism when they under-perform.

I believe that with their resources, the RM could, and should, do better, even though I fully understand their problems.

True however, it would've been nice if they'd asked first. Or just quoted without any personal details and screenshots. Bit unnecessary in my opinion considering that some of us only post reviews to catch RM attention and some issues have since been dealt with. I guess I'll have to just delete my review and make them look like liars 🙃 

On 19/03/2021 at 12:45, LawrenceChard said:

Thank you for letting me know.

I will tag @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer in to the post.

That's to let our staff know I do actually do some work when I'm WFH. 🙂

Received the 2013 Gold Brit today; lovely big coin. Certainly not ugly. Excellent service; thank you.

Archived