• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sigma PMV Pro Mini

Mox

Haven't seen this posted anywhere on the forum, new version:

https://www.sigmametalytics.com/mini

Any thoughts?

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

Not outside US at the moment but I guess they will at some point.

Maybe there is a trustworthy member on the forum that might be willing to act as a middle man.

I'm wondering if they are stopping making the Pro, its out of stock, maybe this is the replacement as it does everything the pro does.

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

Can’t find the Pro anywhere in U.K.

Are they 20% at customs?

On 29/01/2021 at 18:59, greendragon said:

looks good

did they sell the older model anywhere in the UK?

No, I have got the pro and I had to order it from the US. There is or at least was a Slovenian company that sells it too. 

Pro: It's smaller and still measures through the whole coin up to 10mm.

Contra: You have to connect it to another device to read it. There is a German company that also sells small devices working with the same physical principle but you can still read the results from the machine itself. However, I think they don't go 10mm deep but only just under the surface, just like the old Sigma (not pro). This German product is a mobile version that you could take your local dealer, fair or to buy from someone privately, in person. It's not clear to me if this is the case for this Sigma. I would love a device that combines the advantages of both.

I have the original PMV & full bullion wand kit. Ordered from an ebay seller, who sent it to me in the UK. It's increased in cost dramatically since I ordered over a year ago, glad I jumped on it when I did.

Excellent purchase, great quality. I can imagine this new mini version will also be  great.

That said, I do prefer the self contained nature of the original (and original pro model)'s on screen display.  Not keen on apps on a phone/tablet sending anonymous notifications that I'm regularly scanning gold/silver, too much tracking as it is these days!

• 1 month later...
On 31/03/2021 at 02:02, SilverStorm said:

Hi guys, new member here.   Saw this post and I thought I chime in.   Got the PMV Pro Mini today, works good.   No complaints.  

Ag1.jpg

Ag2.jpg

Ag3.jpg

Looks great, definitely something I've got to look in to! 

Personally, I love to know 2 things:

1) The specs say the base device (without the wands) can measure samples as thick as 10mm. But, is there also a minimum thickness? For example, the super thin Austrian Ducats; which are somewhere in the 0.7mm range.

2) How smooth is the app? Is it snappy and easy to use? Or is it clunky / slow / prone to crashing?

Thanks!

23 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Does it run with batteries? Or does it need to be plugged into a socket?

It has internal battery that needs to be charged, and the Pro Mini comes with a charger.   Once fully charged, you can run on battery power alone.  

27 minutes ago, Dea104 said:

Personally, I love to know 2 things:

1) The specs say the base device (without the wands) can measure samples as thick as 10mm. But, is there also a minimum thickness? For example, the super thin Austrian Ducats; which are somewhere in the 0.7mm range.

2) How smooth is the app? Is it snappy and easy to use? Or is it clunky / slow / prone to crashing?

Thanks!

Got your PM, see my reply.

On a side note to all, I bought the Pro Mini in early March (full set) directly from Sigma Metalytics for USD $1,370 + shipping costs.   I checked their website just now, and the Pro Mini has gone up to $1,699 for the full set.  😮   That's a steep price increase in just a little over 1 month.

Archived