• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

why are you stacking still

craig12

I don't think about spot price, I don't think about investment, I don't even think about resale.

I have one simple philosophy; if I see something I like, and I have enough spare cash and the opportunity to acquire it, then I buy it.

I was a coin collector formerly and used to try and collect the best or what was considered collectable. I had a nice run of 17th century sixpences and Victorian sovereigns. Until I sold them all.

More recently, I've moved to lower grade/damaged and less numismatically useful coins, and you know what, being able to handle coins and play with them without worrying about damaging them has been a real revelation to me. They've been used, seen history and I have come to appreciate them far, far more. I also have handled a much wider range of material. I actually enjoy the hobby more now. Although, I guess I'm more of an antiques amateur now than anything else.

As for the future, I will sell some things, but many things I'll probably hold onto until I kick the bucket, and then I'll leave them to those I care most about to do with them as they wish.

We don’t have kids so every oz of silver/gold bought is MINE! (Well ours lol) I buy gold as a retirement asset but buy silver coz - as I’ve said many times on here before - I love pirate treasure!

One thing that has dawned on me however, during this crazy covid time - is how difficult it has been to off load PMs with all the PM shops closed, travel restrictions and the general difficulty to our day to day lives.

We consider PM’s a safe asset during turbulent times. You can’t get much more turbulence at the moment than covid! If it wasn’t for the Silver Forum members who have continued to buy/sell during this time then I question how effective offloading assets would have been.

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

I’ve only recently got into stacking within the last year, I became fed up with buying things that ultimately wouldn’t hold there value if I decided I needed to sell them, I might as well have been pouring money down the drain. 
Luckily for me I realised my mistake early on in life as I’m only 32 although I wish I had of bought precious metals or saved the cash sooner but you live and learn. I don’t have a car, kids or a mortgage and my only expenses are rent, food and a monthly travel card so whilst this is the case I intend to put a large proportion of my wages into my savings and PM’s which for me scratches the buying itch and if I need too I can easily convert my gold/ silver back to cash as and when needed.   

Hi I am a new member and this is my first post. 

I was Drawn to this question straight away. Up until last year a didn't even realize I was a stacker or there was any such thing. I am 43 years old and it all started when I was a child and my parents brought me a gold st Christopher, I didn't like it at all and knew I was more of a silver man. As I grew up I became a engineer. I worked all over Europe. Now, silver coins seem to be more of a thing everywhere but the UK. In Germany they even advertise them in the banks. Every time I went to a city, I would get a coin or two. Even when I went away with my mates I would be laughed at when I whisked myself away to find a coin for a afternoon. I have a great collection now with many different pieces. 

Lately as the premiums were up and due to boredom in the first lock down I started looking at pre decimal coins. I also found backyard bullion Chanel on YouTube. This is the moment I found out that stacking was a thing. My aim is to sell the pre decimal ( its not my thing) and buy a few more nice pieces. As for why I do this, I like the artwork, I am drawn to silver, and I suppose it's a free hobbie. I do think silver is a investment and will go up in value but not for many years, it's either that or buy endless amounts of plastic from Amazon.

Thanks for the forum

Archived