• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold ring

Fifer

Bit of a, grim one troops but genuine reason for asking how much gold would I have to melt to make a, ring with a small compartment to hold some ashes not me doing the melting obviously lol. But I notice some members here melt silver and I wonder can it be done with gold and what would be the cost involved in this? 

Many thanks 

Fifer 

I had some of my Fathers ring put into a gold ring for my Mother... but that was done through the crematorium.... they put the ashes in some form of silicon or something and then set it in a ring as per a precious stone

Lovely idea! My enquiry is regarding a family pet that has just died.. 

I know lol 🤦‍♂️ but my daughters devastated and the prices I'm seeing online for 925 silver rhodium plated is scandalous I'm thinking I can do better with, some of the silver I hold just, need someone to make it for me 

I totally understand the pain of losing a pet. 

As silly as some nick nacks might sound to others it can really help people cope with the grieving process to have a bit of the animal with them always. 

Unfortunately I don't have the skills to make a compartment style ring. Also, I don't work with gold sadly!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

7 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I totally understand the pain of losing a pet. 

As silly as some nick nacks might sound to others it can really help people cope with the grieving process to have a bit of the animal with them always. 

Unfortunately I don't have the skills to make a compartment style ring. Also, I don't work with gold sadly!

Cheers fella if was just a, thought the website she picked a, ring for was coming in at £189 for sterling silver and £500 for 9ct gold! Thought I could do better with the gold I have at home but hey ho back to the drawing board 

3 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Thanks, for the suggestion but I don't think shed wear that she's 15 and very "image concious" lol 

I am planning to make (well remake) my wife’s and my wedding rings... Mine had to be cut off after a cycling mishap and hers was wearing thin. I have watched a few YouTube videos on casting them and you can get “blanks” .. I have in stainless steel to use. I am sure you can get ones that would allow addition of something to house the thing you want

Archived