• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Milky Kangaroos

Shinus73

I've read a number of different accounts today, all reporting that the 2016 Perth Mint Kangaroos suffer from the milk pox.

This is a shame, as I was planning on making them a core holding (and have my first tube on the way), may have to rethink that plan. It seems the good old Silver Eagle is hard to beat.

That's pretty shocking considering they are just out, the bulk of my stack is Britannias just in case silver ever does go to the moon as it would be easy to hit the capital gains tax level easily enough then.  I have mostly this years with the dimply finish.  I have a tube of this years Somalian Elephants that apparently are suffering more from milk spots as well and these I hoped to flip in a few years time.

It looks like whatever the Perth mint is doing to make the coins that bit cheaper like the Funnel Webs and the Saltwater Crocs and now the Kangaroos that milk spotting is part and parcel of this lower premium price.

• Founder & Administrator

Yea, some people have had their tubes arrive in a milky condition.

This photos is from a German forum: http://forum.silber.de/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19154&start=75#p513233

image.thumb.jpeg.4e90863419dce42f46a3894

I know these are Perth Mints cheap bullion, but it's a shame, especially from Perrh Mint.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

The 2015 britannias seem to be milking up pretty badly too.

If somebody was planning to buy a monster box of silver, and wanted advice on which to buy, I'm actually unsure what I'd advise (bearing cost in mind).

Looking at STG, it'd probably have to be the 1oz kookaburra or eagle.

Stacker since 2013

If silver doesn't double in price by the time I sell it I will be well p'ed off. That being the case even if I get spot and all my coins are milky, would not care. Best case scenario , it goes to the moon and retains some premium in the interim period. Then I will churn the stack by reselling to increase overall ounces . Don't mind paying a small premium with this in mind and to have it in hand instead of paper. Even perth mint/panda I view ultimately as bullion. I have one or two proofs but these are the exception. 

I had metal with bullion vault previously however it is too easy to liquidate, do not even consider this with physical which helps me save. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

All silver can get milk spots Maples being the worse, that said I have had Philharmonics over the last few years some in capsules some in tubes and it has made no difference as to whether the coins get milk spots. 

I now just take it that a percentage will milk spot.  My latest test I am trying is to put a dehumidifier on then put the coins in a locking plastic box then not open the box see if that makes a difference. Time will tell if that works. 

My tube arrived today, all clear for now and I like the look of them, but time will tell I guess.

I'm hoping the finish on them will hide a multitude of sins, which is one of the main reasons for buying, the same goes for the 2015 Britannia.

I'm done with buying proof like finish coins, there's no rescuing those once they develop any kind of flaw.

This thread is yet another thing to add to the massive list of reasons of why I changed my mind to believing it is not a good idea to hold physical silver (in the form of coins) for investment purposes. 

If you are holding it only for metal value, then the milk spots only go toward showing it's a genuine silver coin. For those hoping to flip their "semi-numismatic" pretties however, yes, this is a good reason to think twice.

Archived