• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

London Mint Office - Churchill We Shall Never Surrender Coin

4 hours ago, Tommytash said:

https://www.londonmintoffice.org/freechurchillcoin

For anyone interested.

Apologises if it's already been posted.

Is that a genuine offer?

£2.50 to cover postage and I get a pure silver, as in 999.9 silver, 1/2 silver coin?

I'm always skeptical of these things when something sounds too good to be true.

6 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Is that a genuine offer?

£2.50 to cover postage and I get a pure silver, as in 999.9 silver, 1/2 silver coin?

Can’t see any specifications for this coin? 

I've gone through the motions by clicking "Proceed" and this is the next screen. Usual up-selling nonsense.

Clicked "No" and was then presented with what appears to be the final payment screen to get a 1/2 oz silver coin for £2.50.

We Shall Never Surrender post Proceed screen.png

We Shall Never Surrender Payment Page.png

1 minute ago, Martlet said:

Thats a silver coin. The £2.50 deal doesn't mention silver.  They do these quite often, its a cupro-nickel coin in a quite nice presentation folder with slots for 4-5 more coins in a collection. 

Ah, so usual word trickery nonsense. Dealers like this deserve to be executed as far as I'm concerned.

28 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Is that a genuine offer?

Not the same coin by the looks of it. Reverse is different. 

9E1E28BD-D99D-4768-ACCB-022FB18CC458.png

3FCEB4CC-A516-4412-A466-E89DBAF5AAA6.png

3 hours ago, Scruff said:

Is that a genuine offer?

Its not silver.....

Metal:
Cupro-Nickel
Quality:
Collector Quality
Weight:
14.44g
Diameter:
32mm
Issuing Authority:
Gibraltar
Denomination:
Half Crown
Year of issue:
Mintage limit:

The silver version is £60.  Steep.

4 hours ago, Scruff said:

Is that a genuine offer?

Just ordered, only payment available was invoice so will have to wait and see how I'm supposed to pay them. Also, they try and get you to upgrade your purchase to a premium purchase for £14.95 which is the same coin but with a laser cut number etched into the side. I did not upgrade. Will keep you posted.

36 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Just ordered, only payment available was invoice so will have to wait and see how I'm supposed to pay them. Also, they try and get you to upgrade your purchase to a premium purchase for £14.95 which is the same coin but with a laser cut number etched into the side. I did not upgrade. Will keep you posted.

Its a loss leader from companies like London Mint / CPM / Westminster Mint and so on.  They just want to get your details and spam you with overpriced proof coins (£899 for a quarter ounce limited edition proof coin with someone someone on it.....).  Every now and again they bang out a 1g gold ingot at spot or a silver sovereign at spot - snap those up if you can. 

Also - I think were chatting about Nickel coins on the gold thread - Admin/Chris - you may want to move this to the right thread?

11 hours ago, vacancies said:

Its a loss leader from companies like London Mint / CPM / Westminster Mint and so on.  They just want to get your details and spam you with overpriced proof coins (£899 for a quarter ounce limited edition proof coin with someone someone on it.....).  Every now and again they bang out a 1g gold ingot at spot or a silver sovereign at spot - snap those up if you can. 

Also - I think were chatting about Nickel coins on the gold thread - Admin/Chris - you may want to move this to the right thread?

Yes it's not the pure silver coin, it's only worth a couple of quid but collectible for some, you pay when you receive it.

@Tommytash Posts have been split and moved to the non PM section as it seems to be a Cu-Ni coin.  We also have a silver deals thread in the silver section for silver deals in addition to the gold in the gold section.

Archived