• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 Sovereigns

Fadeingstar

I tried to get sov's for my youngest boys birth years, just my luck one was the golden jubilee year and the other was the Queens' 70th birthday year, took me a few weeks to source those as they were quite sought after by collectors. 1956 & 1961 sovereign doesn't exist according to Chards old web site. Go for the new Proofs or BU. In memory moving on from such a wonderful 2020.

On 16/09/2020 at 19:19, Coolsmp said:

Get the ones from Harrington & Byrne £199 each at the moment albeit 2020 version comes in nice packaging. Not as nice as the proofs though but big price difference which you're likey to lose money on.

H&B will restrict you to 1 per household, as they run loss-leaders to entice suckers onto their mailing list. Beware, they also emply devious bait-and-switch selling techniques.

Avoid buying any of their rip-off priced follow up offers, and treat anything their salesmen (account managers?) tell you as though Donald Trump had said it.

For two or more, our company (Chards) should be the best deal, (although we major on the sovereigns rather than half sovereigns), and you will not get junk-mailed, hassled, etc. 

Or, you could do 2 orders as different people and different addresses with H&B.

Chards

On 09/11/2020 at 09:22, Fadeingstar said:

Is it just the proofs that are out?

Yes.

I think the Royal Mint want you to buy the more expensive proofs before they release the "bullion" or B.U. version.

They make much more money on the proofs, and hardly anything on the bullion version.

Of course, the proofs are better.

The non-proofs usually get released about January, but the RM do change this about for some reason.

Chards

Archived