• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Xmas (stacking) idea for ones children!

DukeSilver

Greetings all!

I just wanted to share an idea I had recently while I was contemplating plans for Christmas.

As part of the festivities, I usually get a couple of bags the gold and silver foil-covered chocolate coins for my children as standard stocking fillers. However, this year I thought it would be a bit of a fun to slip a real silver Britannia into each bag as part of the gift, so that they eventually happen across it while they work their way through the packet.

There are several motivations for this:

1. I would be curious to see their reaction (i.e. joy at having real silver as a present vs. disappointment at having less chocolate than anticipated!)
  2. I would love an excuse to gift them some silver while they are still young
  3. I would hope it might trigger an interest in precious metals during their formative years so that they seriously consider adding it to their portfolio when they start earning for themselves

So, I bit of seasonal fun combined with a desire to introduce the next generation to the joys of stacking.

Please share your thoughts. Has anyone else come up with creative ways to encourage their youngsters to stack?

Kind regards

Duke

12 minutes ago, DukeSilver said:

However, this year I thought it would be a bit of a fun to slip a real silver Britannia into each bag as part of the gift, so that they eventually happen across it while they work their way through the packet.

I did this with my son last year. It was mid January before he found the coin (he is type 1 diabetic so enjoys sweets at a much slower pace compared to my other two children, probably something I should have thought about!) however, when he did find it he was very excited.

For this year as he is a fan of PEZ I have already bought him the PAMP PEZ Snowman. More novelty value than a coin but he will find it interesting. :) 

Hi @DukeSilver

Here are my thoughts having been in the same situation.  

Get something they can handle and looks cool.  If you give them a proof coin, they will remove it from its capsule and touch it before you know it!

There are loads of coins about but bars are novel and heavy in the hand   
I would recommend getting a @BackyardBullion silver bar if you can.

Even the 1oz bars would work great I think.

Just my humble thoughts  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Archived