• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

taking 200 x 1oz coins on a plane

Tom75

Hello,

I am flying soon from London Stanstead to Poland and was wondering can I carry 200 x 1oz silver coins in my hand luggage without any problems?

Do I need to do anything or just pack them and go?

Many thanks,

Tom

16 minutes ago, trp said:

This should help, from BBP. Covers silver there too. 

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/info/how-much-gold-can-you-travel-with/

thanks, but I can't see anything regarding how much silver can I take when flying in EU ?

was hoping someone on this Forum travelled in EU with couple kg of silver coins/bars and could help

@Tom75, I am no expert when it comes to travelling with bullion and know only what I have read. I am sure somebody with experience can help you.

The airline you plan to fly with will probably have a good idea of what is and is not allowed.

Goods that have already been purchased within the EU can travel freely within the EU, country to country.
The only problem you might encounter is if you, for any reason, get stopped at a border you might be asked to explain why you are transporting bulk silver and what's its origin.
The value of 200 ounces is only about £4,000 so well inside the £10,000 monetary declaration threshold.
If you can show that the coins were purchased in the EU ( a copy invoice would be a good idea ) then you should have no problems but if you cannot, you might be liable to pay the rate of VAT set by the country you are entering. Trying to argue this in an airport is not so easy.

When you go through the airport security x-ray machine with 8 or 10 tubes of silver coins, don't be surprise when they ask to examine them.

Those coins will stick out like a sore thumb on x-ray. So have your receipt(s) available just in case.

Hi mate

Within the EU member states you can transport up to €10000 in value.

If you bought them on ebay, you can get past transactions from Paypal account.

If you cannot prove proof of ownership, do not go by plane!

thanks guys,

my wife is on the flight from Stansted to Gdansk (Poland)  just now,

she has 60x1oz silver coins box in her hand luggage,

she called me and said - there was no problem at the gates,  nobody checked, nobody asked to open the luggage nor any questions

NOTHING.

Cheers

Hello,

arrived in Poland today.

I had 226 oz (200 coins and 26 bars) in my hand luggage.

Officer at Stanstead airport opened and checked my bag..

And that was it, no problems, didn't ask me for any receipts etc.

I hope my post will help some of the members,

Cheers.

Archived