• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Spot price bar question

Hi Peeps

Am I missing something with the spot bar. On mine when the price goes up I get a red down arrow and a price difference and then when thrice goes down I get a green arrow pointing up! should this not be the other ay round??

Also the green/red numbers/figures what period are they over?

Ta

6 minutes ago, johnno said:

Hi Peeps

Am I missing something with the spot bar. On mine when the price goes up I get a red down arrow and a price difference and then when thrice goes down I get a green arrow pointing up! should this not be the other ay round??

Ta

I get the same. I just use it as a rough guide.

6 minutes ago, johnno said:

Hi Peeps

Ta

Nope same. Sometimes it's in Australian dollars too! 

I've decided to think green means buy and red means hold off.

• Founder & Administrator

Moved to the questions section. There is also a specific section for reporting errors on the forum.

If you click the bar it will change currency. It should then remember the last selected currency it to your user account. Occasionally this may reset, e.g. if work has been done on the bar, you may need to click through to select your desired currency again. 

The price change is from the previous day, though note that it takes the worldwide spot price.

Please can you take a screenshot and share in this topic when you see an incorrect price movement indicator, as I haven’t noticed this. We can then fix it. Guessing it may be because there isn’t a neutral indicator when the change is 0.

And price increase should be represented by a green arrow pointing up, a price decrease should be represented by a red arrow down. If you notice this incorrectly being shown the opposite way please share a screenshot so we can look into it. Many thanks.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

11 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

Moved to the questions section. There is also a specific section for reporting errors on the forum.

If you click the bar it will change currency. It should then remember the last selected currency it to your user account. Occasionally this may reset, e.g. if work has been done on the bar, you may need to click through to select your desired currency again. 

The price change is from the previous day, though note that it takes the worldwide spot price.

Please can you take a screenshot and share in this topic when you see an incorrect price movement indicator, as I haven’t noticed this. We can then fix it. Guessing it may be because there isn’t a neutral indicator when the change is 0.

And price increase should be represented by a green arrow pointing up, a price decrease should be represented by a red arrow down. If you notice this incorrectly being shown the opposite way please share a screenshot so we can look into it. Many thanks.

I am sure it should be red and not green.

Snip2.png

@Zhorro The screenshot that you have shown, shows the spot price bar working. Increases in price are represented in a green arrow upwards, a decrease in price would be represented as a red arrow down.

A standard candlestick chart for example represents down movements in red candles, and up movements in green candles. Though of course, depending on the software this can be changed; in general red represents down movements (decreases) in prices and green represents up movements (increases) in prices. 

Unless of course I am misunderstanding, and what you mean is that the gold price of £1419 is actually a decrease from yesterday's prices and should be displayed with the 19.29 as red and a down arrow as it has decreased since yesterdays price and not increased? I can't remember what it was displaying yesterday, but could well have been near the 1440, so would make sense if this is so. Please let me know if this is the case and I will ask the developer to look into it, perhaps there is an error in the calculation e.g. minuses a from b instead of b from a. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1 minute ago, ChrisSilver said:

Unless of course I am misunderstanding, and what you mean is that the gold price of £1419 is actually a decrease from yesterday's prices and should be displayed with the 19.29 as red and a down arrow as it has decreases since yesterdays price and not increased?

Yes, the bar is working, but there has been a large fall in the gold price today, so I would have expected a red number with a downward arrow.  I think the numbers are correct it is just that the colour and direction of the arrow seem to be wrong, so yes, today I would have expected a red number and a downwards arrow.

Thanks @Zhorro, and thank you @johnno for spotting and brining to our attention as well as everyone else. I will contact the developer.

Discounts / Offers

1 hour ago, ChrisSilver said:

Thanks @Zhorro, and thank you @johnno for spotting and brining to our attention as well as everyone else. I will contact the developer.

no worries @ChrisSilver. Thanks for helping. Just wanted to help point it out to make sure that it works correctly as its a good idea having it and helps when buying items off the forum close to spot at the time of looking to buy.

• 7 months later...

Archived