• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

One more big order before take off?

Rocky2000

21 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

Gimme 5, let me just go and check for you.........

Did you check? My crystal ball shattered this morning so I haven't been able to see. It would be really useful to know.

In all seriousness though my 2 pence worth.  Everything is looking like the boat sailing!  Still a good time to load up?  Could be, maybe another dip coming too.

The point is if you feel its still a good time to buy then buy if you think a dips coming, dont buy.  No-one knows for sure.

15 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Did you check? My crystal ball shattered this morning so I haven't been able to see. It would be really useful to know.

In all seriousness though my 2 pence worth.  Everything is looking like the boat sailing!  Still a good time to load up?  Could be, maybe another dip coming too.

The point is if you feel its still a good time to buy then buy if you think a dips coming, dont buy.  No-one knows for sure.

I buyin a little more, but if there is another dip and it actually does make real silver go down this time then I want to buy one more big order and then that will be it for me.

i will just sit back and watch Babylon burn.

But when silver was pushed down to $11 last month I saw physical prices go up

If I was thinking about buying a couple of hundred ounces, but was worried about the current price, I would probably just buy one hundred ounces. If the price goes up, happy days, if it goes down, you can buy another hundred later.

25 minutes ago, Farnarcle said:

If I was thinking about buying a couple of hundred ounces, but was worried about the current price, I would probably just buy one hundred ounces. If the price goes up, happy days, if it goes down, you can buy another hundred later.

That's what I did. Bought 100 oz of sunshine mint at $20/oz yesterday.

22 minutes ago, GoldenWafer said:

That's what I did. Bought 100 oz of sunshine mint at $20/oz yesterday.

If there is another dip I suspect a lot of folks will be trying to buy big and the dealers will have supply problems agin

51 minutes ago, Farnarcle said:

Yes very sensible 

I may as well make it 100 oz it won’t make much difference with delivery chagres

Just now, GoldenWafer said:

And premiums will go right back up.

So that’s it then, do folks on here think that’s the end to those low prices where you could buy as many as you wanted for well under £20oz. I wish I pulled the trigger when I saw about £17oz recently 

6 minutes ago, Rocky2000 said:

So that’s it then, do folks on here think that’s the end to those low prices where you could buy as many as you wanted for well under £20oz. I wish I pulled the trigger when I saw about £17oz recently 

I remember the same thing being said last time. 

Stacker since 2013

20 minutes ago, Rocky2000 said:

I don't know exactly how the pricing works in England, but one of the American online retailers is still selling silver bars for less than $21/oz. That's around 17 GBP/oz - with 20% VAT it's right around 20 GBP/oz. I just went ahead and looked on a UK bullion website and I see Britannias for 19.67 GBP/oz excluding VAT, so the math doesn't really work out. It look's like the math works out better if you were to buy 500 of them (17.32 GBP/oz excluding VAT) - but I wouldn't (edit: couldn'tdo that lol. I think if I was in the UK, I'd be buying gold bullion so that I didn't have to pay VAT, and specifically the legal tender coins to avoid capital gains tax on any profits if I wanted to sell in the future. I see 2020 gold Brittanias for 1581.13 GBP/oz, which doesn't sound like a very good price, however (that's around $1916.27/oz, whereas that same American retailer is selling the same coin for $1827.71/oz, which is right around a 4% premium).

I was going to pull the trigger yesterday at 19.50 eur/oz but woke up to 20.60 eur. I am going to hold back as i do expect it to fall a little bit before take off. IMO the price will come down in June then a bullish run post august. I'll add 80-100 ounces next time it falls; as i only bought 40 ounces in march at £14.5 each

Regretting my sale of a kg silver bar 2 days ago. Thought I'd sell for £620 and buy from baird at £520. It sold at £620 but Baird is now £580 🙄

2 hours ago, badar said:

Regretting my sale of a kg silver bar 2 days ago. Thought I'd sell for £620 and buy from baird at £520. It sold at £620 but Baird is now £580 🙄

Don't forget to pay your taxes lol 😂 on your sale

Archived