• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver bars - keep in certified packaging or not

Troy77

11 minutes ago, KDave said:

Sell it and buy a metalor then. :D

Added 0 minutes later...

You don't want the sticker on the bar, might as well leave it in the packaging if you are doing that. 

Just thought it would look rubbish if / when the film all gets tatty 😁

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

48 minutes ago, KDave said:

Sell it and buy a metalor then. :D

Added 0 minutes later...

You don't want the sticker on the bar, might as well leave it in the packaging if you are doing that. 

Not a big deal don't get me wrong I love these bars and will happily leave in their packaging. I'm planning on stacking these 500g bars. Was just wondering what others thoughts were 😁

1 minute ago, KDave said:

The 500 gram bars look awesome I only have the kilo's but will buy some of the 500g when I have the funds.

I have a kilo on order and will get the good delivery version too. Also waiting for the 500g minted bars to arrive. Chards look like they have such good deals on second hand bars but hardly in stock

Once my vac pac machine turnes up next week all my bars that are not already sealed will be vac packed with there coa if they have them and without if they dont. My OCD wont allow for toning lol  

I agree that a shiny bar in its OG packaging will always sell a little easier than not. But at the end of the day silver is silver for the most part 

3 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

Once my vac pac machine turnes up next week all my bars that are not already sealed will be vac packed with there coa if they have them and without if they dont. My OCD wont allow for toning lol  

I agree that a shiny bar in its OG packaging will always sell a little easier than not. But at the end of the day silver is silver for the most part 

Do you have a link for the vac pac machine?

So any one have 100oz bullion bars for sale 2nd hand? No VAT right?

I saw this lovely video by BYB of you tube that is really cool. 3rd Aug 2018. "I bought a 100oz silver bar!"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg2zTUp7tr8

7 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

So any one have 100oz bullion bars for sale 2nd hand? No VAT right?

I saw this lovely video by BYB of you tube that is really cool. 3rd Aug 2018. "I bought a 100oz silver bar!"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg2zTUp7tr8

Set up a stock alert for this

https://www.chards.co.uk/100-ounce-silver-bar-second-hand-baird-and-co/8853

Or this 

https://www.chards.co.uk/100-ounce-silver-bar-second-hand-engelhard/9311

4 hours ago, Jamesd said:

Given it's a bar, can't you just give it a clean if it tones? Genuine question! 

34 minutes ago, Troy77 said:

Both sold out. Like the look of the first one better if I was going to buy.

neither are quite as nice as BYB's shine 100oz bar. ;)

6 hours ago, Melon said:

Given it's a bar, can't you just give it a clean if it tones? Genuine question! 

Maybe some could but some of my bars have almost proof like finishes and cleaning will.scratch ect. Most of my bars will.be sold.at some point down the road so vac pac and in the safe they go👍

imo depend who are you selling to. if its a shop then it don't matter because with or without they are going to test it before buying it anyway (since anyone can copy/print a piece of paper)

if it's selling to another stacker (without testing ability) then a certification paper might help ease the worry)

• 11 months later...
On 28/04/2020 at 14:54, Russell said:

It must be hit and miss this is how my bar came and the sticker is on the bar.  The bag is not sealed but resealable

image.thumb.png.77d8caac7a94751d357c4b8a1813fa70.png

image.thumb.png.c472630d2791ba650015baff6bed0cbe.png

Hi I know it’s an old post but have you noticed the weight on the bar and certificate are different I say this only because I have a issue with one of braid and co bar as the bar numbers don’t match  hope this makes sense 

• ChrisSilver changed the title to Silver bars - keep in certified packaging or not

Archived