• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Be careful with your privacy when dealing in Precious Metals

If you're forced to disclose the location of your stack/safe/cash you can expect to hear 'where's the rest?'.

I think trying to do friends a favour telling them about stacking can be a mistake (unless you discuss financial stuff vaguely).

It's who they may tell and who that person may tell and your friend/colleague will probably ignore the stacking advice anyway.

Also, for the record to any crooks who lurk on this site, Premium membership doesn't mean us who have it are a bigger target and own way more bullion than anyone else. It means we support the forum in a small way to keep it going.

Just like when I pay for my Flickr membership which can also be free, it doesn't mean that I possess the World's most expensive camera by being a paid member, it means no adverts as well.

I have to agree, as an investment it isn't a bad idea, but for us crazy SHTF stackers, you are better off burying it the woods! (Ooops! :blink:) lol

If you can't get your hands on it you don't own it ;)

Whenever I read about burying valuables the Hackney gold find springs to mind

http://hackneycitizen.co.uk/2011/04/25/hackney-hoard-of-gold-coins-fails-to-count-as-treasure-court-rules/

Burying gold in a hole in the ground would give me no peace of mind whatsoever, in fact it would probably keep me awake at night thinking about it.

Diversity is the key - never put all your eggs in one basket. Some in allocated, some stashed safely, and as mentioned already, don't tell a single person if they don't need to know.

Also don't forget PM mining shares.Some even pay a dividend as well.Please DYOR

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

A smart criminal wouldn't bother working hard on this forum trying to piece together personal info

A smart criminal would just sell capsules/cases on Ebay

Where there be capsules, there be coins  :ph34r:

But then again are you really going to bother travelling around the country to steal a little bit of silver/gold? seems like a lot of effort, most homes have enough easy things worth stealing already with ipads etc to not be bothered about a bit of silver/gold. 

So I would think it's more dangerous to reveal you have precious metals to people in person than online, as at least online your location is more than likely to be a deterrent. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

A smart criminal wouldn't bother working hard on this forum trying to piece together personal info

A smart criminal would just sell capsules/cases on Ebay

Where there be capsules, there be coins  :ph34r:

But then again are you really going to bother travelling around the country to steal a little bit of silver/gold? seems like a lot of effort, most homes have enough easy things worth stealing already with ipads etc to not be bothered about a bit of silver/gold. 

So I would think it's more dangerous to reveal you have precious metals to people in person than online, as at least online your location is more than likely to be a deterrent. 

Or perhaps run a pm forum  :P . . .

Archived