• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

10oz silver bar question

silvernewbie

Hi i have been offered a 10oz apmex bar for £175.  It is an old bar and a bit battered, is this a good value/price?  I prefer bars to coins for storage but cant decide due to condition i am buying strictly for investment purposes..!

or is it better to get a 10oz brit for £190?  Or i can get random bu coins for same price eg £17.50 an oz

CF392248-9B35-47B8-90A6-7EFC72F511DC.jpeg

10 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

I bought a couple of 10oz bars for 175 new. I thought they were pricy at that. I am going to stop silver purchases until I can get ASEa for about 15 pound again.

Thanks 175 is cheapest currently anywhere.  I bought 2 silvertowns last yr for 150£ each.  For an older bar like this is there a premium or should it be cheaper than a new one?

Standard price for bullion silver at the moment.
If you can buy new coins for a lower price then that's what I would do.
Bars carry extra VAT so the price isn't bad but it's personal preference.
Not cheap but fair.

Older bars with a bit of character do not mean they are less valuable and less  desired. Other than say the PAMP Lady Fortuna which i like to be pristine, i prefer bars with some character. This one has some tarnish. There appear to be a couple of diagonal marks across the face of the bar but i am not sure if these are actually on the bar itself.
i think £175 for a 10 oz bar is an ok price at the moment. i really don't see 1 oz bullion coins coming back down to £15.
My motto has been: Do i like the bar?  Yes - Can i afford the bar? Yes - then i take it. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Older bars with a bit of character do not mean they are less valuable and less  desired. Other than say the PAMP Lady Fortuna which i like to be pristine, i prefer bars with some character. This one has some tarnish. There appear to be a couple of diagonal marks across the face of the bar but i am not sure if these are actually on the bar itself.
i think £175 for a 10 oz bar is an ok price at the moment. i really don't see 1 oz bullion coins coming back down to £15.
My motto has been: Do i like the bar?  Yes - Can i afford the bar? Yes - then i take it. 

I agree with all this except bullion should hopefully come down in price as the international situation normalises later this year.

25 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Thanks there is a slight dent at the back but confident in 2/3 yrs id at least get my £ back 

F46D7225-7187-4E94-A378-10677E8563F4.jpeg

One for the stack and on to the next one. 🤠

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

It's good to have an old 10oz bar with marks and dings, you don't feel bad about holding it with un-gloved hands, chucking it up in the air a bit and catching it, put it in your pocket etc. I have one of the E-globe Englehard 10oz bars, covered in marks. Every time I get my stack out, i bypass the sovs and 1oz silver, and go straight for it, and pack it away last.

It's a 'buy' from me in this climate!

Archived