• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

a time to quit?

Are you telling me you are around 15 and a half stone?

Yes, on a good day.

Stop eating all them pies and chips and you'd have more cash for silver........... :D

Oh, if only it was that easy [emoji1]

Stacker since 2013

Personally, I'm a collector of gold and silver coins, stacking is just a happy bi-product.

I guess I'm just a pragmatist, my collection has a value both as PMs and collectables

I can sell them either for their PM value or what another collector will pay for them.

They are a store of value and an insurance against the SHTF scenario.

However, at the end of the day, no matter how attached I am to certain pieces, they all have a price. I may get bored with some pieces and sell them in order to fund other purchases.

At some point in the future, the price may go up so much and I may decide to sell, do a Shamatti, perhaps buy a little place somewhere way off the beaten track and just spend my time fishing.

Who knows, I may make enough to fund a small harem, not sure what the wife would think about that though! :lol:  :lol:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

One year ago I foolishly thought a PM was the Prime Minister ...so I am still new at this. Started as a pure gold stacker, then got interested in sovereigns / designs / mintmarks etc then got distracted by the pursuit of the 7 coin Libertad silver proofs, Kookaburra date run etc etc. But along the way I have had one thing stuck in my head - which will guide me on when to stop - and that is if/ when the stack gets to 20% of my retirement savings. Then I will stop - as that is my personal cutoff for an "investment" that does not yield any dividends or interest. Simple. Although I will have to stop tracking sovereigns on eBay and stop reading this Forum!

Great topic Fluttershy!

I am going to stack until I retire, if the price of gold and/or silver spikes big time I will cash out 50% then buy back in when the price comes down again.

Just think cashing in a sov and a tube of maples every month on top of your pension pot. Not struggling when you have grand kids so you can treat them! To me that's what life's about. I have fond memories of my grand parents who always made a fuss out me and my brothers and sister.

I am going to stack until I retire

Just think cashing in a sov and a tube of maples every month on top of your pension pot. 

Nice simple way to go about it.  Sometimes the simplest plans can be the best   

Archived