• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is this eBay buyer for real?

Peacemaker

Sold a couple of vintage bars on ebay, buyer messages me

image.thumb.png.078b94ede31443f312f0d5c4f756b875.png

looks to me like buyers remorse, but after "cleaning it up (professionally)" I am not sure what it is the buyer wants from me

these are eBay pics I used

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

7 minutes ago, Peacemaker said:

looks to me like buyers remorse, but after "cleaning it up (professionally)" I am not sure what it is the buyer wants from me

these are eBay pics I used

Selling on eBay can be extremely tiresome and can take up so much of your time- the £1 to sell offer is my only motivation to sell on there- unfortunately, there are not many alternatives.  

Do what I do- count to 10, take a deep breath and respond politely...

That right there is everything (ok, much of) what's wrong with Ebay.  Idiot users !  Being the sarcastic bugger that I am I would be tempted to reply to that with "did you view the listing with a blindfold on?" or similar.  How can they have not "realised the state it is in" from those high-res photos ffs ?  If it was "very dear at £30" and "not even worth half that", why did they buy it?  :rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious where this is heading : you will offer to refund them 50% or they will file a 'not as described' case and you'll lose the silver and your money.

Check their feedback and read the comments left by sellers.  You can often spot false positives in the wording if they too got messed around.

You really do get a lot of idiots and chancers on eBay. There are a couple of good guys who sell Sovs at a good price but I deal with them directly now. 

I sold a brand new IPhone in December - not even opened.  Sold for a fair chunk cheaper than you could get it for from Apple.  The bloke complained that:

It had been opened and had been scratched

It came with out a contract SIM - yes really  

I video packing high value items so I mailed him back with a YouTube link of the packing process and told him to talk to the Royal Mail to whom I would be sending the YouTube link. Heard nothing more from him.

Some good people selling on eBay but god it’s hard...

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Yeh I think the guy wanted some kind of partial refund, after I put it across that they have destroyed it by "cleaning it professionally", pretty much defused, the guy then says it was cleaned with a bit of toothpaste 😂 very professional, dodged a bullet on that I dont think I will be selling even on the £1 max fee offer anymore

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

1 minute ago, dicker said:

I missed out that it is much easier to transact on this forum, people understand what they are buying and selling and are in my experience gentlemen.

I agree, just some items, the market isn't quite here on the forum, It has definitely scared me a bit 

The hunt is on!

Yes - it can be offputing to say the least on eBay but I think it’s just what you have to do. 

Peacemaker - you are one of the people in the forum I have bought from (lovely Morgan’s) and are decent honest and make it what it is.  

Take care and don’t let the b@stards get you down!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Thank heaven i hope i never have to sell on Ebay , I really feel for anyone who does and have to put up with so much bad from buyers who are always on the make .This forum is made on trust which is like a warm blanket in the very cold world of me me me . I must be getting old and soft , ahh well🤨

I have had issues with selling on ebay (not with pm) its aimed at protecting the buyer and I feel sorry for people trying to make a living selling on it, I had my paypal account put on hold due to a buyer putting in a complaint as I didn't reply to his email in good enough time to his query about an item I sold....

Its common practice to complain to get a partial refund or refund of postage, sellers want to protect the feedback and buyers will at sometime try it on. 

Yeah there's tons of retards on there,90% of the problem is people can complain about anything and get a refund.

and ofc when you get outright scammed😆 ebay needs to go back to being run like any other auction house.

they seem to hate their sellers too,id love to see someone else take all their market share.

Archived