• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2 oz Queens Beast quality?

MoralHazard

Hi guys

I am just asking the forum that what is the general perception currently about the QB 2 oz coins manufacturing quality? I am planning to make a sizeable purchase of full mint sealed rolls from Eurooean Mint and want to know in advance what to expect

I do not know is it about luck but my empirical experience is that Royal Mint has improved quality at least in the gold version of 1 oz QB’s. For example I have not encountered very beaten coins that were pretty normal at the start of the series with lion and griffin.

How do you see this yourself?

The 2oz queens beasts are supplied in tubes as far as I am aware.  Sealed rolls???

They are loose (stacked on top of each other) in the tube.  No capsules.  They are classed as standard bullion with unlimited mintage.

Expect some minor scratches and dings.

If you want mint examples you have to purchase from RM as they supply them singular in capsules, or be plain lucky.

On 28/10/2019 at 12:09, MoralHazard said:

I am planning to make a sizeable purchase of full mint sealed rolls from Eurooean Mint and want to know in advance what to expect

I personally think the quality is very good when it comes to bullion grade coins, but it could also be my expectations are not very high.  In any case, I like them very much 🙂.  

It might be worthwhile to investigate the "mint sealed rolls" claim further.  I've purchased many of these coins, and tubes bought direct from Royal Mint Bullion were not sealed in any way.  I also seen a Queen's Beasts monster box (these boxes have very nice beast-specific labels by the way), and the box itself was sealed shut with plastic straps, and none of the tubes inside were sealed.  The sealing of the tubes might be done by the dealer, rather than the mint...not that this is necessarily bad.  I know APMEX sells some sealed tubes (called MintDirect), and does the sealing themselves.  I personally would not pay more to have them sealed.  Here is an example:

https://www.apmex.com/product/171423/2019-1-oz-silver-american-eagles-20-coin-mintdirect-tube

Archived