• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 panda

fehk2001

4 minutes ago, Frost said:

Awesome design! Waiting for official release. Where did you get that?

China gold coop exhibition they invite people to attend the first day of strike celebrations 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

12 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

Is it me or does the Panda look like a photo instead of an artist's rendering?It looks too real if that makes any sense.

It’s photo because they haven’t strike the silver yet ....

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

4 hours ago, Martlet said:

I think it is a photo rendering too.  Like the design very much. 

It's a great idea of showing photos instead of real coins - if people don't like it, they can remake it.

When are the Panda's usually released? These while be my first Panda's.

EDIT: Just found a 2019 thread where the same question was asked for the 2019 version which was then yet to be released. Answer then was late October / early November.

China to issue 2020 panda commemorative coins

Xinhua | Updated: 2019-10-28 16:19f_art.gifw_art.gifin_art.gifmore_art.gif
5db6a4a2a310cf3e97a345b0.jpeg The reverse side of a 50-yuan gold coin. [Photo/People's Bank of China] 

BEIJING -- China's central bank will issue a set of gold and silver coins featuring pandas on Oct 30.

All twelve coins, the 2020 edition, will be legal tender in China, the People's Bank of China said on its website.

The front side of each coin features the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests, the main structure of the Temple of Heaven in Beijing.

All coins feature a panda eating bamboo on the reverse side, the PBOC said.

One of the refined gold coins, with a diameter of 90 mm, contains 1,000 grams of 99.9 percent pure gold and has a denomination of 10,000 yuan (about $1,417.3). There will be a maximum of 1,000 pieces put into circulation.

Other gold coins, refined and ordinary, have denominations of 10 yuan, 50 yuan, 100 yuan, 200 yuan, 500 yuan, 800 yuan, 1,500 yuan and 2,000 yuan.

The silver coins, refined and ordinary, have denominations of 10 yuan, 50 yuan and 300 yuan, according to the PBOC.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived