• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are Goldsilver.be VAT free in 2019 for uk?

silverback19

Certainly VAT on gold with no VAT in the rest of Europe would result in smuggling. Gold is highly portable and concealable.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 14/09/2019 at 09:24, Stu said:

Folks are saying the delivery cost has gone up markedly of late with GS.be. I hope they've changed courier, have listened to folk and have stopped using yodel in the UK?

My March and July deliveries from Goldsilver.be were both FedEx.  The price was about £25 for a little bit under 10kg each time (not all for my stack sadly).  For a tracked and insured delivery from a well known courier, i was happy at that.  Price fluctuates slightly because of the £ to € conversion.

I placed an order on Monday and got my order from them today so only took 2 days, they used FedEx and the delivery charge was a little over £25. No problems at all, order was correct and very well packaged and they send you an email every step of the way so you know where your item is.

1 hour ago, SSS said:

I placed an order on Monday and got my order from them today so only took 2 days, they used FedEx and the delivery charge was a little over £25. No problems at all, order was correct and very well packaged and they send you an email every step of the way so you know where your item is.

most people complain is how the delivery driver / company deliver your items 

eg no sign for 

throw them inside your porch and left 

NOT > GSBE don't deliver 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• 4 months later...

Nothing changes until the end of this year when the UK get a final deal with the EU.  GSBE are still vat free for government issued coins.  Delivery is a little higher now though at around £28 if i remember right. 

14 hours ago, SilverPirate007 said:

Silver to go has 14 pound delivery

But you pay VAT with S2G at about 5% I think.  It would be worth putting what you want in a basket on both and seeing the price.  If you are buying a lot then GSBE will be the better option as the VAT will stack up with S2G.

28 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

But you pay VAT with S2G at about 5% I think.  It would be worth putting what you want in a basket on both and seeing the price.  If you are buying a lot then GSBE will be the better option as the VAT will stack up with S2G.

i just plugged in a purchase of Queens Beasts on Silver-to-Go with shipping to the UK. VAT didn't appear. i didn't go to the end but it put total to pay not including shipping. The price was the same as the basic price on the site. So to me it didn't appear Silver-to-Go were adding VAT on.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

18 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i just plugged in a purchase of Queens Beasts on Silver-to-Go with shipping to the UK. VAT didn't appear. i didn't go to the end but it put total to pay not including shipping. The price was the same as the basic price on the site. So to me it didn't appear Silver-to-Go were adding VAT on.

Maybe already included in the price? I must admit I have never seen VAT on silver to go!

14 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

Maybe already included in the price? I must admit I have never seen VAT on silver to go!

Well i landed on the website with a Spanish IP address - i logged in with a UK address - i switched between UK and EU ship to destinations. i switched between GBP and EUR, between Spanish and English language (as if that would make any difference 🙄) None of it made any difference to me in the price on the website (except of course different currencies). As i say i have not been right through to the end but it didn't look like VAT was being added. Silver-to-Go is a German company - GoldSilver.be are a Belgium registered company although a lot of what they do is in Germany. i can't see one being able to get away with adding VAT and the other not for UK customers.

You might already know this. They work on the basis of importing the coins from the USA without VAT. They import into Germany but exploit an old rule where they pay something like 8% VAT to German customs which i suspect is why goldsilver.be has its presence in Germany and warehousing there. Then they sell the coins second hand and don't reclaim the 8% VAT. By selling second hand there is no VAT to add. If you were selling new inside the EU you would reclaim the 8% VAT and then charge whatever rate applied for the country you were selling to.

Looks like I was wrong, got this from S2G website, could have sworn I got charged VAT.  This was the first company I ever purchased from outside the UK.  Only ever used them once because GSBE was so much cheaper.    

Do I have to pay VAT when the goods are delivered?

Our company EPM Trading GmbH guarantees the correct clearance (taxation) of the coins when they are purchased or acquired.
If your residence or delivery address is within the European Union, you receive fully taxed goods.
The goods are delivered to your doorstep, so you don't have to pay any taxes. The price that we display on our website, is the final purchase price. Only the shipping costs are added to it. Due to the German tax legislation, no tax (VAT) is indicated on your invoice (cf.. § 25a UStG).

We've even set up a UK based bank account for UK customers. 

Archived