• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2oz High Relief Biblical Series

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

What does everyone think of this? http://www.apmex.com/product/86737/2-oz-silver-coin-biblical-series-exodus

• 2oz .999 silver
  • minted by Scottsdale Silver
  • 6 coins released per year
  • 10 year series!
  • Total of 60 coins!

I am a big fan of high relief coins from Perth Mint, and especially the Gods/Goddesses of olympus coins.

And I like the concept of this coin. However, I don't like the design of this coin that much, and the theme doesn't interest me either really. Also 10 years is a big commitment at around $180 per coin + shipping, import charges, VAT.

Interesting to hear others opinions about this particular coin/series.

Click images to enlarge:

post-1-0-31833600-1422687168_thumb.jpg post-1-0-87477500-1422687450_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-37042500-1422687470_thumb.jpg post-1-0-17839600-1422687195_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-32655600-1422687494_thumb.jpg

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Not for me Chris they will be the American equivalent to Westminster and pobjoy issues, pretty nice to look at  & collect very expensive to buy and if you need to sell in 10 years they'll be worth spot or just over.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Not for me Chris they will be the American equivalent to Westminster and pobjoy issues, pretty nice to look at & collect very expensive to buy and if you need to sell in 10 years they'll be worth spot or just over.

Seconded. Exactly what I was going to say.

Stacker since 2013

I was going to say anything religious is dull, but I can see the appeal of the gods of Olympus set, though I suppose that maybe is more myth and legend than religion really now? 

Anything Biblical has zero appeal to me, so dry.

Saying that, I tell you what people seem to really like and I think are dull as anything, the America the beautiful coins zzzzz

So we can't trust my judgement 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Definitely limiting your resale market with biblical coins think a coin release along the lines of myth and legend of pandora would do well look how popular pandora jewellry has done having limited mintage on coins doesn't mean anything without collector demand

Wasted opportunity from the design aspect, my first impression was of something drawn on a cave wall a few thousand years ago, pity as the subject matter is so rich and there's  some fantastic religious inconography out there as well, surely couldn't be that hard to get some on a coin. I'd rather have a Noah.

Actually Iv'e got a bit of a cheek posting that considering some of the tat I buy!

I was going to say anything religious is dull, but I can see the appeal of the gods of Olympus set, though I suppose that maybe is more myth and legend than religion really now? 

Anything Biblical has zero appeal to me, so dry.

have you seen the heritage buddha coin series from bhutan ? fantastic looking coins

have you seen the heritage buddha coin series from bhutan ? fantastic looking coins

Have not collected the series, but picked up the 7th ( MAITREYA BUDDHA)  in the 8 coin series as a Xmas present for a family member.

The series is produced by the Singapore Mint and with this coin being the first convex coin that they have produced. - Lovely coin

1472-3647.jpg

Have not collected the series, but picked up the 7th ( MAITREYA BUDDHA)  in the 8 coin series as a Xmas present for a family member.

The series is produced by the Singapore Mint and with this coin being the first convex coin that they have produced. - Lovely coin

1472-3647.jpg

There is one thing you can definitely say about that Buddha. He's a very happy chappy.... :) 

• 1 month later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Did anyone notice the price recently went up on these from APMEX??

They also launched the 2nd coin in series which looks just as good if not better. I think there is supposed to be a leather bond book available for the 6 coin set...any updates here?

Price is most probably increased as they have sold a certain % of stock. How much I don't know, but mintage is only 1499. I don't think this coin has anywhere near the sort of demand that the Perth Mint Gods/Goddesses of olympus has. But if you like the series and can afford it, I say buy it! Not sure if the whole 6 coin is released this year, I think it might be 3 this year and 3 next?

post-1-0-96172600-1426003948_thumb.png

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

as a Christian myself, it`s a nice sentiment, but not with her head on the other side, and Certainly not at that price!

and as has been said already, unless there`s collector demand for it, you`re better off buying generic, or Known collectibles.

You`de need more money than sense for that set! :P

Archived