• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Counterfeit Morgan silver dollars from Chinese On Amazon

Wendelin

I called my local Secret Service office here in New York. I am awaiting a call back. I wanted to know why Amazon was able to advertise and profit from Chinese companies manufacturing near perfect counterfeit Morgan silver dollars. It is my understanding that Morgan’s are still legal US currency. If this is true , there must be a dozen Federal laws being broken by the Chinese companies and Amazon, as Amazon is conspiring in the sale and distribution of the coins. I would think that a simple cease and desist order from the Secret Service would end this disgrace? I am interested in any opinions on this matter from the group. Thank you    Wendel 

i have reported fakes to ebay - they are not even vaguely interested. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 hours ago, Wendelin said:

I called my local Secret Service office here in New York. I am awaiting a call back. I wanted to know why Amazon was able to advertise and profit from Chinese companies manufacturing near perfect counterfeit Morgan silver dollars. It is my understanding that Morgan’s are still legal US currency. If this is true , there must be a dozen Federal laws being broken by the Chinese companies and Amazon, as Amazon is conspiring in the sale and distribution of the coins. I would think that a simple cease and desist order from the Secret Service would end this disgrace? I am interested in any opinions on this matter from the group. Thank you    Wendel 

Don’t hold your breath. It’s been done several times before http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?226457-Today-I-called-the-Secret-Service-to-report-fake-silver-dollars-on-Ebay

onlymtime they took action was on the Norfed Dollars https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2012/12/15/u-s-secret-service-bans-certain-gold-and-silver-coins-on-ebay/#33b7eaa337fe

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I had a look this morning, most of them are quite open that they’re replicas the others you’d need a full frontal lobotomy to fall for them.

All these companies selling counterfeit, replica or fake coins make life that much more difficult for stackers/collectors. America has actually got much stiffer laws than Britain about selling replica or fake coins which is regarded as a serious federal offence.

On 07/07/2019 at 14:54, Clens92 said:

The Secret Service has far more to worry about than a few fake coins.

Like what? That's a part of their job, as stated on their official website: 

"The Secret Service has primary jurisdiction to investigate threats against Secret Service protectees as well as financial crimes, which include counterfeiting of U.S. currency"

https://www.secretservice.gov/about/faqs/

Archived