• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Wedding gift

I'm considering a Sovereign for the couple but only because I like them myself. For a couple with traditional values so probably they would like a Victorian Sovereign. Any other ideas of gold or silver coins (not more expensive than ca £300, cheaper is welcome)? Or is this just a daft idea for a wedding present? I'm not sure any PM gift is appropriate, at all

1 minute ago, Tn21 said:

I think the sov is a nice idea, it's unique and they will hopefully remember you gave them such an awesome gift. 

I'm glad at least one person doesn't think I'm crazy because of this idea. Any other things to consider, eg. I know I have said Victorian but would it make a difference if it was a Queen or a King Sovereign? And if Victorian, which head, obviously not the widow head but could the young head be offensive towards the young to be wife, at all?

1 minute ago, silenceissilver said:

I'm glad at least one person doesn't think I'm crazy because of this idea. Any other things to consider, eg. I know I have said Victorian but would it make a difference if it was a Queen or a King Sovereign? And if Victorian, which head, obviously not the widow head but could the young head be offensive towards the young to be wife, at all?

sorry but my knowledge of sovs is non existent. If it was me a 2019 if its 2019 they are getting married in. 

For a wedding gift, I asked a member here to make a silver circle with the date of the wedding stamped on.

At another wedding I gave cash.   I gave £90 and told them it was going to be £100 but I took a tenner out for my petrol.   I'm better at funerals.

1 minute ago, silenceissilver said:

I can't give cash. There is good reason actually but I don't want to go into private details.

OK then, I suppose at least they wont get 2 of everything, of course I bet they would be happy with 2 Sovs. 

I remember I went to a wedding and there was a gift list, one of the was a dinner set and all you had to do was buy one plate each, what they didn't tell us was the one plate was £150, I wouldn't have minded but I didn't know them very well and they were separated within a year. I often wondered who got the expensive dinner set.

3 minutes ago, Xander said:

OK then, I suppose at least they wont get 2 of everything, of course I bet they would be happy with 2 Sovs. 

I remember I went to a wedding and there was a gift list, one of the was a dinner set and all you had to do was buy one plate each, what they didn't tell us was the one plate was £150, I wouldn't have minded but I didn't know them very well and they were separated within a year. I often wondered who got the expensive dinner set.

2 Sovereigns, good point

1 minute ago, HelpingHands said:

I think two half sovs would make more sense.

Just wanted to say, if it's two, it will have to be two Half Sovereigns. 2 2019 or one Queen and one King Half Sovereign? As said, they have traditional values and would certainly appriciate old Sovereigns.

21 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

I'm considering a Sovereign for the couple but only because I like them myself. For a couple with traditional values so probably they would like a Victorian Sovereign. Any other ideas of gold or silver coins (not more expensive than ca £300, cheaper is welcome)? Or is this just a daft idea for a wedding present? I'm not sure any PM gift is appropriate, at all

@BackyardBullionmade my wife a lovely 5 oz silver heart with my wedding anniversary   hand stamped on it. 

4 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

2 Sovereigns, good point

Just wanted to say, if it's two, it will have to be two Half Sovereigns. 2 2019 or one Queen and one King Half Sovereign? As said, they have traditional values and would certainly appriciate old Sovereigns.

I would probably just get two 2019s as the date is probably more important that a random old one.

..And they'll be shiny.

5 minutes ago, Xander said:

@BackyardBullionmade my wife a lovely 5 oz silver heart with my wedding anniversary   hand stamped on it. 

@BackyardBullion Obviously we had a little dispute in the past but that might be interesting Intitial A + Initial B 2019, I don't know, maybe 1 to 5 oz.

Added 0 minutes later...
4 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

I would probably just get two 2019s as the date is probably more important that a random old one.

If they didn't look that copperish. I would probably have to explain it's gold

3 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

@BackyardBullion Obviously we had a little dispute in the past but that might be interesting Intitial A + Initial B 2019, I don't know, maybe 1 to 5 oz.

Yes, it was nice and personal. He actually videos it with the names up on the screen while its being poured and you get to keep the video. He also videos the stamping the names.

6 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Easily done my friend, depends on how much notice we have though with the Hallmarking process taking up to 3 weeks turnaround.

For a rundown of what kind of things we can offer: https://backyardbullion.com/hand-poured-silver-made-to-order/

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

5 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Easily done my friend, depends on how much notice we have though with the Hallmarking process taking up to 3 weeks turnaround.

For a rundown of what kind of things we can offer: https://backyardbullion.com/hand-poured-silver-made-to-order/

That's OK as soon as you start very soon. I can send the money on Monday (don't do online banking and my branch is closed today). How much would a 5oz heart for this purpose be? It doesn't need to say how many oz it is, in this case, I think. Something like the bottom line in this picture at the backside and Initial A + Initial B in the first line at the front side and underneath 2019, would be great, on both sides without the leaves on the sides. https://backyardbullion.com/product/1-32-oz-ripple-heart-hallmarked/

Edit: Hang on, a plus sign might be unsuitable for a marriage, maybe the two connected circles instead are better

Archived