• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to buy silver coins in Uk

K_theepan

iam quite new to this field. Can you guys help, where I can buy coins for good price .

If is possible how I can save on vat . Here in uk 20 vat bring the price quite up.

And what I have look for if I buy on eBay not to get scamed.

I hope you guys can give me some advise.

Welcome K_ it depends what you want to buy.Silver or gold or both.Bars or coins,Stacking or collecting,and what your budget is.If you want to buy the odd coin or two like me have a look at Atkinsons the jewelers,or Sarnia silver based in Guernsey If you want to bulk buy tubes go with STG as mentioned in previous posts.

Don't buy anything just yet, read read and read,go on you tube and look at all the silver videos and see what you like , save all the time then dip your toe in,then your hooked and you will be a precious metal zombie like the rest of us..

Maybe this comment is controversial but if i was starting from afresh i would buy gold sovereigns only.Easy to buy and sell readily available and recognized.and take up less room.Gold seems more settled than silver.

Shoot me down now guys.

Don't buy from E-Bay till you have more experience,stick to the main dealers.

Don't forget you can also keep an eye on the sale/trade forums and the sponsors forums on this site. Lots of good coins to be had on here, got a few bargains myself!!

Silver to Go is a good option for coins, Good prices, no VAT, excellent service.

Check out the list of dealers in this thread too, loads of good info to keep you busy! :)Bullion Dealers

Chards seem to be ok for a single coin

Best value though is to save up and buy in bulk from STG 

Oh and forum members on here post pretty good deals sometimes too. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Thank you guys for quick answer.

SilverPirate I want to build my portfolio with gold and silver.

I think it's better invest in coins and pay the extra premium than bar.

Most of coins you get better price in return . With silver price really low I think is.best time to get started

Don't buy from E-Bay till you have more experience,stick to the main dealers.

This is good advice. eBay is generally a poor option for bullion of either gold or silver; there can be bargains, but not often enough. Also plenty of pitfalls. Best stick to trusted dealers until you know what you're doing.

If you are looking to purchase only a few coins at a time you should always check this forum first.

Then check prices for gold on Hatton Garden Metals and Atkinsons remembering to include shipping costs if not included.

For silver compare Atkinsons with STG or Aurinum ( bigger selection but you will pay in Euros and incur bank transfer fee unless you use a cheaper transfer method but that might entail a larger transaction ). Buying from Germany is generally cheaper because they use a lower rate of Vat on many ( but not all ) silver coins. STG ships UPS and Aurinum by DHL so best to build up a decent order to amortise shipping costs. STG has a UK sterling account and uses a traders rate of exchange so always look out for all the small additional costs paying in Euros etc elsewhere.

Just to add.STG now takes Visa and Mastercard.Think they charge 2.5%.Not advocating getting into debt as they also take bank transfer which is the more sensible option.

On the flip side, if you believe there is going to be a major positive upside in the next 2 years+ of more than 2.5% & exchange rate differences

You have a decent credit rating, leading to a high credit limit

We are currently able to take advantage of the longest period ever of interest free of 23 months 

There are several credit cards with zero interest percent rate for purchases

Best currently is 23 months currently with Santander 123 credit card

& Halifax X card 20 months

Couple this free money for 2 years with buying the 'best price per oz' you get items of value

If you know you have a firm control of your finances. Its FREE money !

***CAUTION*** with this next section .......IT IS NOT ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO !!!!

Someone who isn't me, signs up to the above credit card deals and gets £10k credit limit on both cards.

Purchases £20k worth of gold and gets delivered to door in hand

Credit cards are unsecured debt, you would not loose your house for missing a credit card bill or defaulting on a credit card debt.

It would however totally wreck your credit file and knackers chances to get mortgage/loans/cards or similar.  

Bad debts stay on your credit file for x6 years

Whilst I would advocate anyone not telling anything but the complete whole truth to a bank or credit card company after all they have told the truth and are lending you real actual money apparently in the first place with their electronic entry of a digital credit limit ;)

Should the worst happen and you are made redundant from your snow clearing job in the Sahara after you have got your gold in hand you may find you were unable to continue your credit commitments to them

Now comes the moral crux.

Do you ?

1.  In a fit of morality and duty to be true to your debts you owe you could look to pay off part of all of your debt by selling your gold coins to pay off or pay down your debt.  HGM will buy them for 98% of spot

Or

2.  You could ignore every form of communication from credit card companies, once sold off for pennies on the pound a numerous circle of debt collection agencies who will lie cheat and try to deceive you into trying to pay & acknowledge this alleged debt trying to get you to contract & agree with them thus by acknowledging this debt.  Then they will sell it between other DCAs for pennies on the penny, for the next 3-6 years giving the same cheating, lie & deceive tactics trying to collect on a debt that is then unenforceable under law because they are not the company you originally signed the agreement with and without title of notice of assignment & deed of assignment. Thereby unenforceable.  Once 6 years has past without acknowledgment of debt to ANY person claiming title, it is statue barred and is unenforceable at all even in a court of law

If you did choose to buy gold coins with a credit card, you have done what 99% of Jo-Smo Public has not done, who will have spent the £20k on 60"inch plasma LCD tellys , iPhone 17s and designer clobber

Have not done it myself but someone who has chosen to research fully how our corrupt money system, the invisible ties that bind society to the hamster wheel of life control, debt & interest.

Anyhow, if i choose to go down this exit strategy it would make sure i was in the best position, to get the most amount of gold possible :)

The only think you should have in the bank is an overdraft

The one lone credit card I have, has zero balance. used once a month for a tank of fuel in the car to keep it active/live.

It is really only there I needed to ever use it to hire a van/car, emergency abroad or similar

When you have zero debt in your life it is a great feeling, you realise you are free of the shackles and ties of this corrupt system of control we live in

Now comes the moral crux.

Do you ?

1.  In a fit of morality and duty to be true to your debts you owe you could look to pay off part of all of your debt by selling your gold coins to pay off or pay down your debt.  HGM will buy them for 98% of spot

Or

2.  You could ignore every form of communication from credit card companies, once sold off for pennies on the pound a numerous circle of debt collection agencies who will lie cheat and try to deceive you into trying to pay & acknowledge this alleged debt trying to get you to contract & agree with them thus by acknowledging this debt.  Then they will sell it between other DCAs for pennies on the penny, for the next 3-6 years giving the same cheating, lie & deceive tactics trying to collect on a debt that is then unenforceable under law because they are not the company you originally signed the agreement with and without title of notice of assignment & deed of assignment. Thereby unenforceable.  Once 6 years has past without acknowledgment of debt to ANY person claiming title, it is statue barred and is unenforceable at all even in a court of law

Being someone who can speak from experience on this subject, ie debt and not PM's

2, is 100% correct, study it, the emphasis is DO NOT have any contact with ANY DCA regarding said debt.

DO NOT try (as i did for over two years) to honor any so-called debt, by setting up payment plans.

Because if you are late with a payment you will be hounded more than ever.

I ended up, due to ill health having to declare myself bankrupt.

Not a nice thing to do but what a relief, i wished i had done it sooner!

Oh well thats my rant over with, feel free to delete mods if inappropriate

I found out about all this sort of stuff when researching how to challenge a parking ticket received via parkingeye

on the consumeractiongroup forum (CAG)

spun off to other forums like getoutofdebtfree , legalbegals forum etc

and lead me into reading, researching and learning the process about debt, credit card companies, debt collectors, CCJ, challenging CCJs, dealing with bailiffs and all kinds

It pains me to say, but i worry how many suicides and awful standard of life 1000s have incurred on the back of these evil collections departments of credit card companies & debt collection agencys. Chasing and chasing and chasing.

Whilst i appreciate there will always be chancers out there ready to scam and rip of credit card companies, it is often the just and righteous of society who genuinely have lost their job / spilt with partner /sudden death of the main breadwinner that are hounded the hardest and heaviest by them who are being open and honest

The old japanese proverb - “The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.”  

the worrying thing is, people only get round to looking into this sort of stuff when things are too bad or too far gone.

Already stressed with worry rent and council tax to pay etc. food on table, feeding kids etc.

Then these parasites ringing your phone ringing off the hook

When the Argos store card, kays catalogues and wonga loan type of demographic mindsets have to watch TV programmes like, no wonder they think there is no positive outcome or solution to their money worries

TV Shows like

'pay, or we take it away' ,

'saints and scroungers'

'bailiffs'  

'the sherriffs are coming'

this is on TV as entertainment!

Here general public, enjoy a programme about someone elses misfortune & misery.  

Jeez, what a warped society we live 

You got it right paul.

In my young age my parents had nothing much but we all were happy.

Now i recognized that now we more and more spend our money on things what we not need.

Most things what we spend our money today will be worthless in couple of years.

The important thing is to everything in balance.

That s why i am ended here cause I realized that i have spend my money on things, which are  worthless now 

Happy New Year all !

Re STG, can anyone let me know if you can do a delayed shipment, so you pay for coins and then get them to ship in one go to save on carriage costs?

Many thanks

Yes they do have that option.

Stacker since 2013

Did anyone from uk bought from apmex.

i am wondering hoe much duty and vat you got pay if you buy gold and silver.

I heard that you got to pay handling fee to courier company as well

Highly likely you will be hit with VAT and handling fee, the fee depends on carrier.

Stacker since 2013

Did anyone from uk bought from apmex.

i am wondering hoe much duty and vat you got pay if you buy gold and silver.

I heard that you got to pay handling fee to courier company as well 

http://thesilverforum.com/topic/107-costs-to-bear-in-mind-when-buying-from-outside-the-eu/

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived