• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Circulated Chinese Panda 2014 and Maple leaf Compared to BU

CurryMuncher69

I always wandered what a coin would look like in a "circulated condition". 

So 6 MONTHS AGO (yes long personal Experiment) I took out one Chinese Panda out of it's capsule, and took a maple leaf coin out of a tube, and just left the coins on my desk.

Sometimes I would put the coins in my wallet, sometimes in my pocket, sometimes in my hands, sometimes in a pouch. All I could do to mimic what coins would go through, and went through in history. (also washing coins with water to symbolize rain or coins getting wet) 

Trying to see what would the coins look like if silver was in modern day coinage, and then compare them to Brilliant Un-circulated coins. The results brought some INTERESTING conclusions to my mind.

Warning DIRTY COINS AHEAD... 

Here are the circulated coins.... 

post-53-0-50776500-1415779947_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-44848500-1415779959_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-71416300-1415779966_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-39679600-1415779973_thumb.jpg

Now here are the BU coins,,, 

The maple leaf coin in this picture looks dirty, but in the flesh, it still has that shine to it that most BU maple's have, the circulated maple has lost that shine to it, and looks rather dull. 

The Shiny parts on the Panda coin, are slowly turning into a matt kind of finish, however it still holds a little of that shine and still reflects light on the fur. All in all I would say the panda coin would not look rather pleasing in 12 months of circulation when compared to the maple leaf. 

post-53-0-26199200-1415780118_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-28675600-1415780121_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-63378300-1415780128_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-87034400-1415780135_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-58776100-1415780300_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-43294800-1415780306_thumb.jpg

Trying to see what would the coins look like if silver was in modern day coinage, and then compare them to Brilliant Un-circulated coins. The results brought some INTERESTING conclusions to my mind.

But they wouldn't make a coin for circulation out of fine silver would they?

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

You can never restore the mirrored finish on a silver coin unless you polish it with silver polish and that will likely leave very fine scratches.

The matt finish ASE however stands up to all sorts of abuse and can be recovered in an acid dip to like new condition.

Ernie the owner of the company has been in business for very long time i have dealt with Ernie on many times , he was know to be called Mr sovereign  as he was a big player at buying all gold sovereigns from the mint,and when i say big player,i mean big. Paul from Atkinson' s was always trying to buy from him,he lives in my home county of Dorset. He is a very nice chap, i know that the coin you are referring to is bad description of the coin,must of forgot to put his glasses on at the time of description, but he usually is spot on and i have bought a lot of coins of him in the past many kookaburras and and kangaroos .He has got a lot of coins for sale,quit a few gold sovereigns for sale, ill try and drop him aline and see if he would be interested in selling some of his coin through the site at a cheaper price you see on Ebay. He must be past retirement age for sure and spends a lot of time in Spain.

Archived