• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is Gold Going To Fly!

Keithoil

That's all we need, the Swiss banks historically have stolen millions of ounces of gold from the public, and now they want us to pay more for our gold as they initiate a buying spree. Wouldn't trust the Swiss as far as I could chuck a toblerone at them. 

They should stick to clocks and chocolate, well at least till I get a big enough stack of that shiny yellow stuff. :D

its a sign of the world we live in today where this article in the mail gets 8 comments,

and yet on the side panel of shame an article on Kim Kardashian's butt in Bermuda denim shorts gets over 1,500+ comments

this aside, the swiss vote will certainly be interesting to follow as to see what the outcome brings if they vote, yes

swiss are the monkey cockroaches of the world and a lot of the dirty money leads there

Also home in Basel to the BIS the central bank for central banks

Interesting that the Daily Fail would even publish this. Doesn't involve immigrants, benefits cheats, or pictures of young women. What's their angle?

It did mention Diwali, and the fact that the Swiss voted to end the freedom of movement for foreigners into Switzerland.  So they were close

LOL, that'll bugger up the Swiss if Keith buys up all the gold first. There'll be none left for them to buy. Go for it mate, (just save a few coins for your forum "mates") 

Actually I have to pay for a new drive next week, just think all the PM's I could have bought with that.

Back to the article, and I note the comments are closed. Almost like someone doesn't want the public to discuss the merits of gold...

This comment was just.. 

"Everyone in the world knows that if you have a lot of gold - you are rich. This holds true today as it did 4,000 yrs ago. Then comes Property Then comes Diamonds"

Diamonds?!  :wacko:

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I have just been reading some of the comments. Very interesting.

There's one that mentions Gordon Brown and the UK gold sell off.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/thomaspascoe/100018367/revealed-why-gordon-brown-sold-britains-gold-at-a-knock-down-price/

Still pisses me off just to think about it.

I heard sometime that Gordon brown sold gold and put into bonds and they have done aswell as gold in those years. Not sure when I where u heard it

Since he sold our gold it's gone up 500%, I believe he bought Euro bonds so I reckon we're down. 

...then comes pokemon cards.

Don't laugh, but I made a couple of thousand pounds profit selling Pokemon cards on ebay in the early days. Used to get my local comic shop to ship in boxes of them for me, I'd open the packs, split them into sets and sell the special foil cards seperately. Good little sideline I had till the kids got bored with them and went onto the next thing. I've still got a large box full of the cards that I was left with. 

Gordon Brown sold UK's gold at the lowest price in the past 20 years, it is speculated it was simply to bail out 
mega banking empire Rothschild and also rarely mentioned, AIG

There is also a credible speculation that the sale was designed to
benefit a few of the London based bullion banks which were heavily
short the precious metals, and were looking for a push down in price
and a boost in supply to cover their positions and avoid a default. 

Then from reuters sources:

Not long after the sell off NM Rothschild & Sons Ltd., the London-based unit of investment bank
Rothschild, will withdraw from trading commodities, including gold, in
London as it reviews its operations, it said on Wednesday.
The manner in which the sale was conducted, and the speed at which it
was undertaken, without consultation of the Bank of England, made many
of the City of London's financiers a bit uneasy.

It was later in 2004 "LONDON, June 1, 2004 (Reuters) -- AIG International Ltd., part of American
International Group Inc., will no longer be a London Bullion Market
Association (LBMA) market maker in gold and silver"
LONDON, April 14, 2004 (Reuters) 

More smoke & mirrors, dodgyness and insider dealings

Archived