• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Brexit 4 gold coin challenge

Amfearliathmor

Hi, I'm new to the Silver Forum, so I would like to know if there could be the possibility to a return to legally owning just 4 gold coins once again,  (1966- 1971 Exchange Control  Act) or reintroduction of VAT (1973-1995/2000) on gold purchases, if there was a substantial run on the Fiat currency of the UK (Pound Sterling) as is happening now on the Emerging Market economies Fiat paper due to the consequences of the US exchange stabilisation  slush fund of possibly up to $30 Trillion after the Brexit, considering the total indebtedness of the UK (Sovereign, Corporate and Personal) is substantially greater than that of the European economic Euro basket cases of Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Germany, France and the rest of the EU from the contagion of Sovereign debt held by the Euro Zombie banks  (Insolvent Deutsche bank etc) from Turkey and other EM Fiat currencies and the relatively little amount of gold foreign reserves held by the UK held by comparison during a financial reset.

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/uk-gold-bullion-market-since-1964/254

Bullion or more numismatic purchases?

There are millions of sovereigns in the system. When this slave rule was declared did people turn in their sovereigns? Who got the sovereigns surplus to the 4 per slave? Well it would be the usual suspects piling them up.

Who in God's name is going to turn in their gold? The pirates can walk the plank for me. i had a break in last week and all my gold was stolen. 😥

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

18 minutes ago, sixgun said:

There are millions of sovereigns in the system. When this slave rule was declared did people turn in their sovereigns? Who got the sovereigns surplus to the 4 per slave? Well it would be the usual suspects piling them up.

Who in God's name is going to turn in their gold? The pirates can walk the plank for me. i had a break in last week and all my gold was stolen. 😥

I’m hoping the last comment was intended to be humorous and not fact.

8 minutes ago, Martlet said:

I thought this might be an interesting challenge to collect gold coins from 4 EU nations. I think it should be anyway.

Interesting... Because if and big if... gold coins were confiscated which coins would be exempt...

Collectibles

Legal tender foreign coins.

Lynette Zang who has the ITM Trading channel on youtube and is basically in the business of selling precious metals, she talks about numismatics - that should there be moves to frighten a few slaves into handing over their gold it will be the numismatics that will be spared. All UK gold coinage is coinage - that is legal tender. So we might see UK gold coins exempted from the rules if minted prior to 1817.

i see this comment in Hansard from the time.

Gold Coins

HC Deb 23 March 1967 vol 743 c359W 359W
§ Mr. Awdry

asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer how many gold coins minted after 1837 have been offered for sale to authorised dealers, pursuant to section 2 of the Exchange Control Act, 1947, in each of the months May, 1966, to February, 1967.

§ Mr. MacDermot

I regret that this information is not available. Sales to the members of the London gold market (which do not represent the whole of the total) amounted to about £130,000 on 20th January, 1967.

We also see

I think all of us would admit that when the Government try to enforce the terms of Clause 2, when they try to ensure that gold and foreign currency are in fact surrendered to authorised dealers, they will find it a very difficult job.

They were after foreign currency as well - clearly people were not handing coins over. People this is our property - not theirs - these sovereigns are property of sovereign beings - the pirates and Captain Hook can sling theirs. The whole concept is ridiculous. The government serves the people, we do not sanction it to go round stealing our money.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Surely if the govs needed money and confiscation of wealth happened, it would be done the Cyprus way of just raiding people's bank accounts. Much easier (and much more money) than looking for the relatively few gold stackers in the country. Confiscating physical gold would be a very complicated effort.

On 17/09/2018 at 17:22, sixgun said:

Lynette Zang who has the ITM Trading channel on youtube and is basically in the business of selling precious metals, she talks about numismatics - that should there be moves to frighten a few slaves into handing over their gold it will be the numismatics that will be spared. All UK gold coinage is coinage - that is legal tender. So we might see UK gold coins exempted from the rules if minted prior to 1817.

i see this comment in Hansard from the time.

We also see

They were after foreign currency as well - clearly people were not handing coins over. People this is our property - not theirs - these sovereigns are property of sovereign beings - the pirates and Captain Hook can sling theirs. The whole concept is ridiculous. The government serves the people, we do not sanction it to go round stealing our money.

I wonder what the time schedule would be from crisis to government action.  I’m sure there’s an ‘Emergency Powers Act’ already on statute and waiting, so no Royal Ascent required.  30 days? Plus another 30 days notice for the public?

Archived