• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Fetish!

Keithoil

I think I have a gold fetish at the moment as I have scoured eBay for bargains but only in gold, I have not looked at silver.

If I win all my current eBay bids I will have around £1200 pounds to pay out.

I buy most of my bullion from STG, and any graded or special coins I will get from eBay, or form the USA or Canada.

What about you do any of you have a buying frenzy or only concentrate on a particular item for a period of time.

post-50-0-90813000-1410981038_thumb.jpg

I went on a Pamp frenzy a couple of years ago. I have lost soo much on those! lol

PAMP Suisse Gold 1 Gram $ 66.00 1 $ 66     PAMP Suisse Gold 5 Grams $ 287.00 1 $ 287     PAMP Suisse Gold 10 Grams $ 561.00 1 $ 561     PAMP Suisse Gold 1 Troy Ounce $ 1704.00 1 $ 1704     PAMP Suisse Gold 2.5 Grams $ 150.00 1 $ 150     PAMP Gold Bullion Half Ounce $ 865.00 1 $ 865

These are all priced in Australian Dollars. 1 AUD is currently about 55p. This was November 2012. :wacko:

I have a silver proof fetish and so far this month I have spent £2329 all on silver proofs & I'm currently bidding on some more on ebay, if I win them I'm giving it  rest for a month or 2 as there are only really about 1/2 a dozen coins I really need for my collection.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

i feel like iv spent way to much in the last 2 weeks over 1k on premium stuff paying avrage around £16-17 an oz for over 60odd ozes 

also got ripped off on 2 gold full sovs i won for 370 so waiting for my money back for them and time to hit the market for some closeish to spot silver i think 

If it is a YES vote, it will be even more reason to protect your wealth. Buy that gold 1 oz anyway :) .       I am pretty sure it will be a NO though.

As I am looking for value, the Krugerrand looks competitive, but doesn't get many mentions on here. Is it not popular?, and if not, why not?

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

If it is a YES vote, it will be even more reason to protect your wealth. Buy that gold 1 oz anyway :) .       I am pretty sure it will be a NO though.

As I am looking for value, the Krugerrand looks competitive, but doesn't get many mentions on here. Is it not popular?, and if not, why not?

Krugerrands are nice but for the same cash I would go for the UK Lunar horse here -

http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoins.jsp?coinId=241&yp=228

CGT free and should hold a little extra premium.

The 1970s krugerrand is the only oz coin I have a pair of. Mainly because there always on offer and gold is gold.

I think I might try pick up a Ducat are they a nice coin!!!

I started with a Ducat 4 they are very thin, this carries on through the Ducats most will be re-strikes so don't be fooled into thinking they are all 1915.  or before

I like the coin but as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder  

Ducat 1

http://www.coininvest.com/en/gold-coins/ducat/1-ducat-gold-new-edition/

Ducat 4

http://www.coininvest.com/en/gold-coins/ducat/4-dukats-gold-new-edition/

I think you can get better prices than these at the obvious places, from time to time.  

I've got a few Bob they are good value and well known throughout the world, if you are just buying gold to stack you can't go wrong with Krugers and for smaller stuff sovs.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I took this picture earlier, might as well post it here, my gold stack/collection so far. 

BTW Keith this guy just put £125 half and £250 full 2002 sov (free postage)

And same for the 2005 sov 

sw4o6s.png

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

@Kman

That is a nice stack of the yellow metal there.

I turned down a 1oz bar yesterday for £760.

Because I am off to Scotland on Monday Tuesday and might pick up some more sovereigns. But if not then will go but it at the end of the week.

• 3 weeks later...

I already own an Austrian 4 Ducat.  I bought an Austrian 20 Coronas a few weeks ago.  This week I bought a Swiss 20 Franc.  I'm really concerned that I'm leaning towards collecting "old/historical" coins from around the world in addition to my current collections.  It's not the cheapest way to acquire gold but variety is so much more interesting than just stacking the cheapest.  I seriously need help!  I have to stop!

I started to buy more expensive semi collectable coins for a minute. Then I looked over my last 5 purchases and realised I could have had something like 14 ounces for the price of the last 5 ounces!!! This stopped me in my tracks. Well, slowly. I did grab a couple of nice oddities after that, but I am now strictly back to cheap as chips stack it on silver! Same with gold.

Archived