• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Mein Kampf book at auction.

MickB

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/humbert-ellis-auctioneers-ltd/catalogue-id-srjp10246/lot-97d18b97-d19c-41d4-a2b5-a93700bf3769

For some reason my local newspaper website had this as an article, even though the auctioneer isn't in my area.

Estimated to go for between 3-4,000 pounds at auction.

Ignore the content for a moment, that thing looks absolutely sick! An amazing adornment to any desk Im sure!

Remember, you shouldnt be offended by history. You should learn from it. This book is the embodiment of a fanatical, angry and deranged man. Let it be a lesson on how someone could be driven to commit such attrocities and how we can stop them occuring in the future.

3 hours ago, Oystonout said:

Thanks find this history/silver memorabilia stuff interesting.

Any idea what the silver 800 is?

Maybe @SILVERFINGER could help with his knowledge on militaria.

At a guess it might mean it's .800 silver.

I don't see anything special here, just typical symbology on a silver book case: rising sun, eagle and swastika on the front are the stately symbols of the Third (Roman) Empire and fist and ring  (sometimes depicted as a snake) are old germanic symbols. 

What would make this special is the proof that this really belonged to Göring.

It also still puzzles me that Katherine (now Duchess of Cambridge) was staying in the Hotel Goring (yes, Göring) of all places before her wedding to Prince William.

Archived