• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Freedom of information request - Royal mint

Pampfan

@scoremoreI didn’t miss that - the Proof figures are not the ones that people have a problem getting (I.e. they listed the mintage when they were offered on the website at the time of sale.) so I didn’t feel the need to follow up on those. The bullion mintages are the key in my opinion to the series.

Anyway, my contact at the mint acknowledged my request and will be “getting back to me shortly.” Let’s see what happens.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/07/2019 at 03:28, scoremore said:

@FoolzGold

That is why I asked @Pampfan

Maybe you missed this one: [...]

No, I didn't miss that one. @Pampfan requested mintages figure in May 2017 and received them around a month later, then did so again in April 2018, receiving the results around a month afterward again.

However, when I sent in an FOI request for the same figures in November 2018 RM rejected my request on the basis that revealing these figures would be bad for their business and for collectors. Another forum member received the same stock response from the RM to a similar request in May of this year.

The question is, whether @Pampfan can work his magic again this time or whether RM have simply changed their policy since his last successful request. If he does manage it, I suspect this is how he does it...

pampfan.jpg

On 20/07/2019 at 22:48, Pampfan said:

Well it is over a year again since I was able to get some mintage numbers. Does anyone still want to know what the mintages to date are. I have long since stoped collecting them since I couldn’t keep up with it.

ill see if my contact is still good. 

Likes on this post will be a yes!

I have no idea how to like you post, but "LIKE". (Does that count?).

And perhaps it got lost in translation, but do they say they can keep minting even after the one year expires?

1 hour ago, Jvw said:

I have no idea how to like you post, but "LIKE". (Does that count?).

And perhaps it got lost in translation, but do they say they can keep minting even after the one year expires?

Go to the trophy symbol at the bottom of the post.  When the cursor is over it, you will be given a number of options.  The blue heart symbol is "Like".  Press on this to like something.  I think you can "Like" about 10 posts a day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/07/2019 at 06:28, Pampfan said:

All, I just sent the request to my contact at the mint. I will let everyone know when I receive a response.

I am curious to see the Bullion figures for the later date 2oz Bullion coins. 

Pamp

@Pampfan

So I believe it took 20 days one of the last times that you requested the mintage figures. Looks like 3 weeks now. Anything yet?

Well all - no more info on the mintages. Apparently if the information was released they would go out of business and cause massive movements in the market, as collectors who are money hungry blocks, would single out the lowest mintage coins and hoard them. 

The mint always puts collectors first! 

(I have exaggerated on the actual response - but I think you all get the point)

Sorry all! 

1 hour ago, Pampfan said:

Well all - no more info on the mintages. Apparently if the information was released they would go out of business and cause massive movements in the market, as collectors who are money hungry blocks, would single out the lowest mintage coins and hoard them. 

The mint always puts collectors first! 

(I have exaggerated on the actual response - but I think you all get the point)

Sorry all! 

Which is daft when they have released mintages for other coins.  I wonder if the issue is there is many more sold than anticipated.

Though, wasnt the trick to ask for the sales rather than mintages?  A FoI request i saw made that distinction and its cited in the earlier information in this thread. Maybe too late, for next time.  

Thanks @Pampfan for your work! 🖕

My comment on their new position:

What a joke!

Releasing mintage just increases talking and promotion. And you don't know the mintage of a new release until way later which does not decrease demand upon release.

I'm with @Martlet in his comment above.

Ultimately I bet we get the numbers but perhaps not until the series ends.

Archived