• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver imports to UK

I wish to order silver coins and bars from Canada.

When they arrive in the UK I need to pay 20% VAT but I cannot find the procedure.

Does the Canadian Company have to fill out customs details on the consignment such that HRMC then contact me on their arrival in the UK. 

I then pay the VAT after which HMRC release the consignment for delivery to me??

Thank you

I wish to buy silver bars and coins from A Canadian Silver miner / smelter that refine and produce coins and bars - from their own mining.

I cannot find what the procedure for paying the 20% VAT when it arrived in the UK.

Does the Canadian company have to complete some UK documents decribing the contents of the parcel and also provide my contact details so that UK customs can contact me for payment??

Because the Canadian Miner/Refiner has only just started producing bars and coins they have no experience of sending to the UK.

To shareholders they are currently offering 

£479.00 for 20

It's been 20 years since First Majestic opened its doors. The company continues to strive to become one of the world's leading silver producers. We're celebrating with a limited-edition 20th Anniversary round, made in partnership with First Mint LLC - a wholly owned First Majestic subsidiary.

These rounds have been produced with silver mined by First Majestic. The obverse (front) features the First Majestic logo on a frosted background with a 20-year Anniversary mark.  The reverse features the First Mint logo with a mirror-finished sea, mountaintops, and beaming sun rays. The weight and purity are also noted.

Celebrate this historic time in First Majestic history with us!

Diameter: 39 mm
Weight: 20 ounces per tube
Purity: .999+ Fine Silver

Would like more details - let me know.

• Founder & Administrator

I've merged both of your topics into the same topic. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Gosh, there is knowledge  and experience in this Forum.  Thank you all.

Since the price on the First Mint website has gone up today while trying to pay with my Chase Debit card and failing I will now reconsider and perhaps add to my UK Britannias.

I'm intrigued by the comment that it's cheaper to buy on the Forum.  I usually buy from BullionBy Post but seems that might not have been wise. Being new here I don't know how to do that.  I will now search.

Thank you again

4 hours ago, SilverAlloy said:

Gosh, there is knowledge  and experience in this Forum.  Thank you all.

Since the price on the First Mint website has gone up today while trying to pay with my Chase Debit card and failing I will now reconsider and perhaps add to my UK Britannias.

I'm intrigued by the comment that it's cheaper to buy on the Forum.  I usually buy from BullionBy Post but seems that might not have been wise. Being new here I don't know how to do that.  I will now search.

Thank you again

Hi, there!

Welcome on forum!

Yes, on forum you can find very good quality silver, new or secondary market at some incredible prices on Buy/Sell section.

For comparison:

Best value 1oz Britannia on BullionByPost is £31.82/oz (for bundle of 25 - £795.50/one tube).

Best value 1oz Britannia on forum sold yesterday for £25.5/oz (for bundle of 25 - £637.50/one tube).

Daily you can find on forum good bargains, gold and silver, but usually they sell quick. My advice is to upgrade your membership to minimum Silver (£5.99/month), to have access instantly to see the sale posts. As a non payer member, you can see the new posts only after 72hrs, usually after they sold. You can try a one month trial for £1. See 

Do it now, thank me later!

Cheers!🤗