• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

If you could only stack one coin

ChrisSilver

Without question for me its the 5 oz America the Beautiful Series

A 56 coin issue running from 2010 to 2021

Available in both Bullion and Proof finish with the former having been purchased for as little as $1.99 over spot and with the latter available on subscription for $139.

Mintage figures are not excessive, with the bullion version over the last few issues being around about 30k and the proof less again at around 20k.

Bit of a sleeper in the UK/EU and in part due to the fact that the 'P' version can only be bought direct from the US mint and with the bullion pieces being excessive to buy direct from UK/EU sources. Earlier releases ( particularly 2010) are showing healthy margins over their release price 

Latest in the series has just be release, ( Utah - Arches) and like the rest of this years issue are stunning pieces of artwork. 

post-23-0-19083500-1404489850_thumb.jpg

post-23-0-96169500-1404489866_thumb.jpg

post-23-0-97384500-1404489890_thumb.jpg

Yes Motorbikez - Bought a fair few on the secondary market, but have this year managed to get a subscription started with the US Mint and for delivery to a friend in Virginia.

Will be picking these up either next month or the end of September. Apmex currently have  the 'Arches' bullion grade at $128, so the proof on subscription at $139 is a bargain.

Available in both Bullion and Proof finish with the former having been purchased for as little as $1.99 over spot and with the latter available on subscription for $139.

I started collecting the series just this year too. One thing though, $139 price for collector's edition is only available to the US at that price. Dealers usually sell these collector's edition for $180 initially, and goes up from there. And just to be clear, there's no "proof" version of these ATBs. The collector's edition is a matte finish, while the bullion version is the shiny one. It was really confusing for me when I started learning about this series.

Shoot me a PM if you need help getting these for the US price. I ran a group buy for the Australian forum for collector's ATB coins, willing to extend it here too. I can "lie" on the value of the package to reduce VAT ;) .

I started collecting the series just this year too. One thing though, $139 price for collector's edition is only available to the US at that price. Dealers usually sell these collector's edition for $180 initially, and goes up from there. And just to be clear, there's no "proof" version of these ATBs. The collector's edition is a matte finish, while the bullion version is the shiny one. It was really confusing for me when I started learning about this series.

Shoot me a PM if you need help getting these for the US price. I ran a group buy for the Australian forum for collector's ATB coins, willing to extend it here too. I can "lie" on the value of the package to reduce VAT ;) .

A very kind offer ILB. It's offers like this that make the forum what it is.

May I suggest you start a new topic for this, I think it needs further discussion [emoji2]

Stacker since 2013

A 56 coin issue running from 2010 to 2021

Mintage figures are not excessive, with the bullion version over the last few issues being around about 30k and the proof less again at around 20k.

Bit of a sleeper in the UK/EU and in part due to the fact that the 'P' version can only be bought direct from the US mint and with the bullion pieces being excessive to buy direct from UK/EU sources. Earlier releases ( particularly 2010) are showing healthy margins over their release price 

Latest in the series has just be release, ( Utah - Arches) and like the rest of this years issue are stunning pieces of artwork. 

I quite like these, and although I class my self as a stacker rather than a collector, my collector gene is desperate for something to aim for with silver. I like the idea that a few will be released every year, and there are still plenty of years to go to complete the series. I might just have a go at getting a set of these. Probably the bullion version, but if i can get proofs at a decent price i may have a little tickle at those. 

A very kind offer ILB. It's offers like this that make the forum what it is.

May I suggest you start a new topic for this, I think it needs further discussion [emoji2]

Good idea Danny....I'd be interested if we can get these to the UK for a price close to the US's

Yes Motorbikez - Bought a fair few on the secondary market, but have this year managed to get a subscription started with the US Mint and for delivery to a friend in Virginia.

Will be picking these up either next month or the end of September. Apmex currently have  the 'Arches' bullion grade at $128, so the proof on subscription at $139 is a bargain.

AG could you post a pic up please of the proofs :)

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I think i spotted some of these on Atkinsons site recently! but not sure which ones or variety.

Yeah Atkinsons have them for about £115.

Ouch.

STG has them too for a more favourable price, even more so if buying 2 or more.

Stacker since 2013

AG could you post a pic up please of the proofs :)

Hi there.

My coins and I have a distant relationship. I work in the middle east, my home is in Wales, and the coins in secure storage is England. :D

I have however posted  links to both proof finish ( collectors) as well as bullion grade

. As was mentioned above the proof finish is more like a quasi acid dip yet not as deep as an antique finish. The easy way to tell the difference is on the observe and a 'P' mark indicating Philadelphia mint, and this being only on the proof finish coins

Also just to confirm, (and as far as I was made aware by the US mint,) the subscription is available to overseas buyers and where the credit card and delivery address are registered as the same address. However the delivery cost and the tax made this prohibitive and thus went for delivery to the US. The normal price is $154 

.All that I did differently was give my credit card and delivery address as being the same address and being in Virginia. Touchwood I have had no problems to date. Re the coins available via Atkinson and STG - these are bullion grade

Proof Finish

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-P-ARCHES-NATIONAL-PARK-UTAH-5-OUNCE-SILVER-ATB-UNCIRCULATED-COIN-/331252193584?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4d202b5930

Bullion grade

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-Coin-5-oz-2013-AMERICA-THE-BEAUTIFUL-ATB-Great-Basin-Nevada-Proof-like-BU-/351107911178?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item51bfa98e0a

If I could only stack one coin, This is hard, do I go for a coin that changes its design each year, or for a good quality stacker?

After much thinking (2 minutes) it has to be the Perth 1oz Lunar coin as it changes animal each year and has good investment potential as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived