• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1kg silver bar

Hey guys.

it’s been a while since I’ve been on the forum and I have a question.

i was wondering what can i expect to pay here for a 1kg bar of silver?

I know we pay VAT on silver in the U.K. and I wondered if this is taken into account when buying second hand or not?

I made some purchases 11 months ago here and found the community both friendly and helpful.

thanks in advance 

mick 

2 minutes ago, RavenMcB73 said:

Don't quote me on this but i think you would only pay VAT (here in the UK) on new purchases.  I think most of the items listed here will be considered second-hand.

It's true that you don't have to pay VAT on second-hand (only on any increase in value by a dealer, under the "special scheme"). However, given that the price of buying "new" is 20% higher that will generally lead sellers to price their second-hand silver similarly higher due to simple supply and demand.

Edited by Anteater

1 minute ago, Mickspark said:

Hi James thanks for the reply.

are you the same James who sold me my first silver coins last December? 😀

I've just checked your feedback and we haven't dealt (yet) 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, Mickspark said:

Ok I just purchased the silver subscription 😀

Checkout this thread now, great seller.

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/84790-1kg-metalor-silver-bars-no-coa/

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I’m a little nervous about purchasing 1kg without coa if I’m honest (which I am haha).

please help alleviate my concerns hehe. 

also, if and when I come to sell others may not want to buy from me since my reputation here is new. My eBay account of 18 years is 100% however 😀

2 minutes ago, Mickspark said:

Ok guys I’m going to take the plunge. I just REALLY want to own one so I can hold it and occasionally give it a little kiss! 😜😀😀

Oh and I may occasionally talk to it as I press it against my skin 😀🤣

Just now, Mickspark said:

Oh and I may occasionally talk to it as I press it against my skin 😀🤣

I’m sure my wife will understand 🤞🤞😀

2 minutes ago, Mickspark said:

Is it normal for me to be checking for a reply every 30 seconds? 🤣

If it helps, unless you've changed your settings you should get an e-mail notification when you get a private message.