• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BU wedge tailed eagle coin

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

Just saw this video..

Seems like gainsville will be selling these BU and graded 1oz wedge tailed eagle coins (not to be confused with the popular limited mintage proof or high relief proof coins) 

Wondering if its going to be possible to get these ungraded, and what the will cost. Would also be interesting to know if these have a limited mintage, and if so how many.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, apparently mintage is 300,000. Would be nice to pick up a few of these ungraded. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Just seen they have PCGS gem bu on govmint for $30.

Tried to buy two, could not check out.

Rubbish

I tired to buy from govmint a few weeks ago.  They are supposed to ship internationally according to their shipping info/prices but when you try and checkout, it's a no go.

300,000 is plenty to go around I think.  

I tired to buy from govmint a few weeks ago. They are supposed to ship internationally according to their shipping info/prices but when you try and checkout, it's a no go.

300,000 is plenty to go around I think.

Cheers MZ, glad it's not just me.

Stacker since 2013

I'd wait for the BU one and then get a friend in the US to buy one. If you order directly you will certainly pay expensive shipping and huge import charges and taxes.

Discounts / Offers

Reading around and it seems there is a little confusion with actual mintage figures.. Some say 50,000 others 300,000.

Govmint states unlimited mintage

?

A contact at the Perth Mint was also able to confirm that the Australian Wedge Tailed Eagle will be an ongoing series, with the same design used for next year.

http://world.mintnewsblog.com/2014/06/latest-2014-australian-wedge-tailed-eagle-silver-coins-available/

2 exclusive distribution points with a mintage of 50k?! Might be a nightmare to get them at a decent price.

That's just what I was thinking.

I would like a couple though, I'm sure some will end up with 4th party german dealers.

Stacker since 2013

Unsure as to the correct mintage. But if the design is the same each yea, then the mintage doesn't really bare any real significance in my eyes.

Discounts / Offers

If we can't get them direct from the distributors we'll have to rely on "4th party sellers". I'm sure the premium will be proportional to the demand and their allocation.

Shame govmint don't seem to accept orders from the UK.

I'll send them an email tonight if I remember. They do say they ship internationally and I'm sure it has country locations during registration/checkout.

quick search on ebay with shipping to UK.

2014 1oz Wedge Tailed Eagle PCGS GEM BU (PRE-SALE)

Canada

Delivery Mid July

£80.15 + £12.02 Delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-Australia-1-oz-Wedge-Tailed-Silver-Eagle-PCGS-Gem-BU-Pre-Sale-/111393133397?pt=M%C3%BCnzen_Medaillen&hash=item19ef8c5355

2014 1oz Wedge Tailed Eagle PCGS MS70

United States

Orders ship July 1st

£102.84 + £8.81 Delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-Australia-1-oz-Wedge-Tailed-Silver-Eagle-PCGS-MS70-Mercanti-Label-/231269792042?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item35d8c0f92a

2014 1oz Wedge Tailed Eagle PCGS GEM BU

Canada

£58.18 + £19.36 Delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-P-Australia-PCGS-GEM-BU-Wedge-Tailed-Eagle-COA-Mercanti-Signed-/390873328438?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item5b01ddab36

2014 1oz Wedge Tailed Eagle PCGS GEM BU

United States

£35.23 + import charges + £7.83 Delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Australia-Wedge-Tailed-Eagle-Silver-Coin-PCGS-GEM-BU-1st-Mercanti-Label-EVER-/310996895430?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item4868dc06c6

2014 1oz Wedge Tailed Eagle PCGS MS70/MS69/GEM BU

United States

GEM BU £29.35

MS69 £46.99

MS70 £82.25

+ £8.76 Delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wedge-Tail-Eagle-1oz-silver-MS69-MS70-coin-/161349277118?pt=US_Fine_Jewelry&var=&hash=item25912a95be

Buying from eBay is more expensive. Plus, I personally don't want to pay the premium of having it slabbed. A nice BU and slap it in a capsule for me.

Buying from eBay is more expensive. Plus, I personally don't want to pay the premium of having it slabbed. A nice BU and slap it in a capsule for me.

I think the standard raw ones will come capsuled. But I may be wrong.

Will no doubt work out very expensive if ordering direct from govmint as their shipping will likely be expensive plus you are guaranteed 20% import VAT + handling fee. Hopefully some dealers will import this into Germany with 7% import VAT and sell VAT free, but that's just me hoping.

Discounts / Offers

I think the standard raw ones will come capsuled. But I may be wrong.

Will no doubt work out very expensive if ordering direct from govmint as their shipping will likely be expensive plus you are guaranteed 20% import VAT + handling fee. Hopefully some dealers will import this into Germany with 7% import VAT and sell VAT free, but that's just me hoping.

Hopefully some German dealers will get them. Still, I'd rather buy direct than from eBay. Ebayers have already added their profit plus 10% eBay fee plus 3% pay pal fee. Then shipping isn't cheap. Then there's still the possibility of being hit by customs. It's alright going down the eBay route for one or 2 but for a roll or 2 it isn't viable.

I've heard that Perth Mint's public stance is that mintage is 50,000. However, this is the amount that is for govmint. Perth Mint have the right to mint up to another 250,000 for themselves making the total mintage 300,000.

Although I would welcome an additional 250,000 being minted as it would allow me to get a capsuled one opposed to a graded one, I find it quite deceptive that Perth Mint would not declare this from the beginning. 

Discounts / Offers

Hi fellow UK friends, my first post here. I'm from SS forums and saw Chris advertise his forum over there so though I'd register here too.

Anyways, I've been following the progrssion of these wedge tail eagles since the beginning of the year. I just bought all 3 grades from govmint for myself. It seems like you guys have a hard time getting these, so I can help order one large batch and ship it to you guys. It surely helps with the ebay premium, or absurd international costs that govmint charges. A single GEM will cost you our domestic shipping rate ($7-$30 varies) + $30 international + 20% VAT. Their terms HERE.

I've hosted a couple group buys before and done plenty of international shipping. I always help the guys out by marking the items as "gifts" or very low value. Maybe someone can kickstart a UK group buy and I can ship it to that person for distribution locally. Let me know how I can be of help for these, Cheers.

edit: oops I forgot to mention that I'm from the US in case you haven't figured that out from context.

Hi fellow UK friends, my first post here. I'm from SS forums and saw Chris advertise his forum over there so though I'd register here too.

Anyways, I've been following the progrssion of these wedge tail eagles since the beginning of the year. I just bought all 3 grades from govmint for myself. It seems like you guys have a hard time getting these, so I can help order one large batch and ship it to you guys. It surely helps with the ebay premium, or absurd international costs that govmint charges. A single GEM will cost you our domestic shipping rate ($7-$30 varies) + $30 international + 20% VAT. Their terms HERE.

I've hosted a couple group buys before and done plenty of international shipping. I always help the guys out by marking the items as "gifts" or very low value. Maybe someone can kickstart a UK group buy and I can ship it to that person for distribution locally. Let me know how I can be of help for these, Cheers.

edit: oops I forgot to mention that I'm from the US in case you haven't figured that out from context.

Welcome to the silver forum. If a group buy was organised, what additional premium % would you want for yourself?

Discounts / Offers

Welcome to the silver forum. If a group buy was organised, what additional premium % would you want for yourself?

Maybe $5 USD per coin? This helps to cover boxes, packaging material, and whatever left is small compensation for filling customs forms and repackging all the coins. I can ship them out to individual people, or one large shipment for redistribution in UK.

I don't want to junk up this thread with group buy logistics, so if this comes to fruition I'll start a separate thread elsewhere.

Cool. Lets see if any ungraded ones come to the market, as that's what I am particularly after.

Discounts / Offers

Archived