• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1904 American Gold 20 Dollars. Philadelphia, Liberty Head - Double Eagle, 34mm. 33.436g *REDUCED*

1 hour ago, Rafal said:

I know its hard to measure but what I meant  by thickness on the field is background on one site and background on the other and it should be 1,98 to 2,01mm

I don’t really understand what you mean. If anyone bought the coin and they think it is a fake they can always send it back. The supplier I bought it off which I’m not going to reveal who is very reputable and haven’t had any issues as of yet. 

40 minutes ago, AdamDutton said:

I don’t really understand what you mean. If anyone bought the coin and they think it is a fake they can always send it back. The supplier I bought it off which I’m not going to reveal who is very reputable and haven’t had any issues as of yet. 

I had a minute or two spare

@Rafal

caliper.jpg

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

5 hours ago, bobski said:

I had a minute or two spare

@Rafal

caliper.jpg

thank you @bobski this is it ,

6 hours ago, AdamDutton said:

this is the only way I know to tell if $20 is original, funny story I think in Belgium they make millions of fake $20 ( 50% gold up to 70% gold) you cant tell the difference everything checks out, thickness is the only way , unless you have xrf    gun .

please don't be offended I am not trying to be rude, being extra careful because I bought gold eagle 1998 ( I know its not $20) from a reputable dealer at London coin fair (november 2022) and it was fake,   so I did my research and maybe that can help someone just check the thickness of $20

1 minute ago, Rafal said:

i modified my caliper just to help with thickness, two small magnets and small bolts.

20230802_071509.jpg

Yeah, even my two mityutoyo digital callipers would both need this workaround. A small micrometer would work a treat if the touching surface area was small enough 

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

• AdamDutton changed the title to 1904 American Gold 20 Dollars. Philadelphia, Liberty Head - Double Eagle, 34mm. 33.436g *REDUCED*
  • 4 weeks later...