• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay Scammer...... beware

Sick to my front teeth with these w@nkers

guy bought a tavex bar off me in January, filed a dispute with his bank in May

They found in his favour...

Ebay refunded him....

FFS...

not fro me but seller protection so it never cost me nowt but COME ON!!!!! how easy is it

anyway

named and shamed........   I.D is lumcg7393

avoid at all costs

We deffo need a scammer hitlist compiled

boils my piss..

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Given that such a list could be used maliciously, and could be considered libel if people did go on it without enough documentation, I suspect that it could have legal implications so I dare say a lawyer would need to be involved in drafting its terms of reference.

I don't think TSF is big enough to pay for defending a libel case if such a malicious action was brought against it.

However, if such a list were to be maintained in a jurisdiction where this wasn't such an issue and linked from here, it might work.  You'd have to be damn sure it couldn't get back to you, though.

Having said this, somebody does maintain a list of scam accounts on Reddit.

http://www.universalscammerlist.com/

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Infuriating indeed. All you can do is file it away as a bad experience and note the username so you don't have to deal with him again. Leave him negative feedback too to warn others and hope it has an effect.  Ebay customer service has gone from being not great at the outset,  to being completely c**p now.

Edited by flyingveepixie

@Gordy  I'd just leave him a negative in ebay,I understand you are pizzed off & I would be too but not worth setting yourself up for possible litigation. 

99% of people who look at his negative feedback will not deal with him ,so job done.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

49 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

@Gordy  I'd just leave him a negative in ebay,I understand you are pizzed off & I would be too but not worth setting yourself up for possible litigation. 

99% of people who look at his negative feedback will not deal with him ,so job done.

Not sure if sellers can leave negs, unless they have changed the rules.

When all hope is gone all that’s left is truth. 

1 hour ago, Aldebaran said:

Not sure if sellers can leave negs, unless they have changed the rules.

I will check the next time I sell. I think even if you can not, you can still write a negative comment. I always read sellers and buyers feedback when buying from or selling to. 

Never Chase and Never Regret 

9 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

Given that such a list could be used maliciously, and could be considered libel if people did go on it without enough documentation, I suspect that it could have legal implications so I dare say a lawyer would need to be involved in drafting its terms of reference.

I don't think TSF is big enough to pay for defending a libel case if such a malicious action was brought against it.

However, if such a list were to be maintained in a jurisdiction where this wasn't such an issue and linked from here, it might work.  You'd have to be damn sure it couldn't get back to you, though.

Having said this, somebody does maintain a list of scam accounts on Reddit.

http://www.universalscammerlist.com/

How is it any difference when we list scammers in Binlord thread?

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 hours ago, motorbikez said:

Can't leave negative feedback unfortunately, so he gets a free gold bar courtesy of ebay, good job they didn't take it off me though

10 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Nobody is curating the list or making it searchable and TSF doesn't advertise it as a service.  In its current form it's just tittle-tattle and TSF's management could pretty easily dodge liability by closing the thread.  If you advertise scammer watch as a service and post a list somewhere public, you're exposing yourself to a libel action unless you've got the ability to document everybody on the list.  Libel actions in the UK are amongst the easiest in the world.

If that wasn't the case, the interwebs would be knee deep in name-and-shame sites as it's one of those blindingly obvious things that everybody thinks of.  It's the main reason that the major sites like Ebay or FB don't police this stuff.

Ebay can treat sellers like sh1te because the sellers have no choice.  If it got a reputation for naming and shaming its buyers - much less a reputation for false positives in this regard - then people would get really toey about buying from there, and they would probably be inundated in class actions.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

7 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

If that wasn't the case, the interwebs would be knee deep in name-and-shame sites

I hear you, it makes sense, but take trustpilot, google reviews, all other review sites for example

that's basically a platform for negative and petty reviews as well as positive

8 hours ago, Spyder said:

I started the Binlord thread to highlight sellers and sales types that TSF members should look out for:

- Deliberate scammers - those who buy off of Chinese website and attempt to defraud on ebay

- Accidental scammers - people who don’t bother to research coins they sell and sell them as genuine 

- The types of coins that are circulating

It is a useful thread to see what the Binlordery is happening and allow TSF members to collaborate and report scammers.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys