• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bought some memorabilia yesterday from the RM....

AaaGee

Ok, so not so much a pm question.

Yesterday i got in the que with everyone else at 9am to try and bag myself a commemorate coin, which i managed to do.

Got a conformation email a while later to confirm purchase.

Anyway, later on i checked my online banking and it jist seas transaction pending.

Is this correct? As id ordered the coin id have expected the RM to have taken the money.

Only ordered from the RM once before (and was a lot less money last time) but dont remember if my banking sead pending or if the money went straight through.

Just dont want to lose the coin i ordered and get a refund etc.

Yes, i over think things.

Cheers AaaGee 

As long as you have a confirmation email you will be fine,
They are a shambles and seem to switch between taking the money on order and on despatch, but they always take 2 or 3 days to confirm the hold when taking the money up front

As I say, the email is the thing to watch

A lot of card payments online these days seem to take a couple days to clear through your bank. You'll usually see something like 'Card not present', or 'Card Unavailable' on the pending payment. The payment is likely done though, mine was the same last night for some of the BU base metal coins.

On 25/04/2023 at 15:47, Orpster said:

As long as you have a confirmation email you will be fine,
They are a shambles and seem to switch between taking the money on order and on despatch, but they always take 2 or 3 days to confirm the hold when taking the money up front

As I say, the email is the thing to watch

I haven’t bought from them for years but their payment practices from what I have seen are ancient.

Why do I suspect there is a lot of manual effort and people processing involved…ah yes a government department!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

I had a similar issue with RM last year.  No confirmation email but the payment showed as pending in banking app.  Emailed RM after a few days and they said the same sort of thing as above, that payment would eventually be returned as the order hadn't been completed.  Expected a more efficient service for such a major retailer tbh.

On 26/04/2023 at 09:53, MBTPSilver said:

A lot of card payments online these days seem to take a couple days to clear through your bank. You'll usually see something like 'Card not present', or 'Card Unavailable' on the pending payment. The payment is likely done though, mine was the same last night for some of the BU base metal coins.

Wait till we all get digital currency chips implanted in our hands with accompanying payment scanners built into our trackpad laptops and the mess that'll cause with online payments. Many a husband hiding behind his laptop of an evening from his wife while rapidly moving his elbow back and forth trying to pay for something and peering guiltily at his wife in fear of being accused of doing something entirely different.  🤣

4 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Wait till we all get digital currency chips implanted in our hands with accompanying payment scanners built into our trackpad laptops and the mess that'll cause with online payments. Many a husband hiding behind his laptop of an evening from his wife while rapidly moving his elbow back and forth trying to pay for something and peering guiltily at his wife in fear of being accused of doing something entirely different.  🤣

The only chips Im having in my bulbous body is from the fish n chip shop my lover!!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

The only chips Im having in my bulbous body is from the fish n chip shop my lover!!

Forsooth! Hubby! Oh how one doth missed you since I joined the poor step and surrendered my silver membership. On the upside I've un'addicted myself from forum lurking and I've rediscover what sky is. (The thing in the air not on telly lol)

May your balloon knots always be loose, may your fartpipes always be ready, and may your SOH never fail. Farewell until we next meet oh hubby of mine farewell ... farewell ... fare ... .