• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

(beta) NEW section for Newbie FAQs

Message added by ChrisSilver,

• Founder & Administrator
8 minutes ago, dicker said:

Like this a lot!

I might do a quick guide for U.K. buyers this weekend to put here.

We also get one post members asking for hallmark advice may put a link to hallmark sites

Good stuff @ChrisSilver

Thanks! If you need me to create a ‘Question’ in that section so that you can provide the answer let me know :) or fee free to get another member to start the question. There is also the user guide section. Fee free to private message me to help it get set up :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

14 minutes ago, MetalsMan said:

Step by step guide to best practice on selling here?

Here is a nice guide that @billysilver made, in the User Guides section of the forum

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

18 minutes ago, dicker said:

I might have messed up the format a bit but my first mini guide is up.

Would be good for others to kick the tyres on it!

Awesome, as there was no replies I managed to rejig everything around. I can also submit some other questions that I have seen newbies ask, from the TSF bot account to get thinks started :) 

Thanks for your guide, I have upvoted it. 

Discounts / Offers

Great stuff.  I will have a think about some more over the weekend.  

I welcome different perspectives from anyone so feel free to suggest changes.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 8 months later...

Hello I'm a newbie here and have been asking loads of questions all over the place and have lots of great anwsers, but to my shame I totally missed this section. Maybe it should be put right under our noses so it's the first place newbies look.

I think it would be good to cover things like:

What's best to buy? quarters, half, full sovereigns or Britannias, etc.

What should I avoid, i.e. British overseas territories coins that are not actually sovereigns.

Buying strategies, what's the best way to start? Should I wait for gold prices to drop before I buy? i.e. backing up the truck when gold is low vs employing a sensible cost averaging approach over time. What is cost averaging?

What is liquidation? Whats the best way to realise my assets, who should I sell to?

Who should I buy from?

How much over the spot should I pay?

How should I store PM and other security issues, i.e. don't tell FB I've bought loads of gold and silver.

Just a few questions which come to mind.