• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Wanted Air-Tite for Sovereign size coins

Hello 

Has anyone got any of these sovereign size coin holders. What are the sizes of these known as or called so to make it easier to find online.

Heads up for others who are looking for coin tubes for this size holder. If you happen to have any specimen tubes supplied by the NHS, they are the perfect size to hold about 12 coin capsules.

Tubes for airtite birdseye.jpg

tubes for airtight.jpg

Edited by Spyder
Withdrawn

Never Chase and Never Regret 

9 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

These are T22s

@morezone may have some in stock but I'm not certain he has any left;

I think that someone asked him before and I think he said he had none and was not planning of re ordering. Will check though and thanks for letting me know that they are called T22.

6 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

GET IN LINE GUY! 😆

there is someone on ebay who does airtites for sovereigns, but they are the H ones, so they are bigger ringed. I much prefer the t22's, and have been looking for a new source for ages unfortunately

Now that I know what they are called. I know a place that does them for £5.18 for a packet of 10 plus probably post. Will check and get back to you. OK they are £1.99 delivery up to 2 packets and then it rises slightly

Edited by Spyder

Found it...

@BullionBuyerUK did do a group buy some time ago which is when I stocked up... I don't know if he'd be interested in another?

Edited by CaptCaveMan

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

1 minute ago, Spyder said:

Now that I know what they are called. I know a place that does them for £5.18 for a packet of 10 plus probably post. Will check and get back to you

If you mean coingallery, They are lighthouse capsules, with airtite's foam rings, so they will be slightly different, and are not rimless 

48 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Hello 

Has anyone got any of these sovereign size coin holders. What are the sizes of these known as or called so to make it easier to find online.

Heads up for others who are looking for coin tubes for this size holder. If you happen to have any specimen tubes supplied by the NHS, they are the perfect size to hold about 12 coin capsules.

Tubes for airtite birdseye.jpg

tubes for airtight.jpg

Here you are:

I posted the wrong things lol

Edited by CazLikesCoins

1 minute ago, Solachesis said:

If you mean coingallery, They are lighthouse capsules, with airtite's foam rings, so they will be slightly different, and are not rimless 

It is them. They look the same to me

6 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Are these the ones that are sold by coin gallery @Solachesis?

Coin caps.jpg

Always hard to tell in the photos, but this is a t22: no rim, opens with a knife 

Coin gallery ones are using lighthouse standard capsules, which are these ones 

https://www.coingallery.co.uk/pack-of-10-round-coin-capsules-14mm---62mm-17031-p.asp

The sovereign ones if I remember correctly, are essentially the same external diameter as the t22's, so they'd probably fit in your tube, I mean they will get the job done

Screenshot_20230404_141539.jpg

Screenshot_20230404_141547.jpg

Those three in my photo are rimless and take quite an effort to open. Rimless or not, matters very little to me. If they look the same and fit in the tube, job done. Plus I have always used the lighthouse and they are easy to open and shut. 

Like you said, there is a line waiting for the rimless and I do not enjoy waiting in a line where you can not see the beginning.

Just now, Spyder said:

Those three in my photo are rimless and take quite an effort to open. Rimless or not, matters very little to me. If they look the same and fit in the tube, job done. Plus I have always used the lighthouse and they are easy to open and shut. 

Like you said, there is a line waiting for the rimless and I do not enjoy waiting in a line where you can not see the beginning.

I just ordered some of the lighthouse ones, 19mm, 20mm and 25mm, I only wanted 1-2 of each, not 10. But good to have spares I guess.

I have some airtite H22's for now, so I don't need any more sovereign sized ones, but I'm still going to try for the t22's because I think they are very nice and prefer them, but I am not in dire need of them right now

1 minute ago, Solachesis said:

I just ordered some of the lighthouse ones, 19mm, 20mm and 25mm, I only wanted 1-2 of each, not 10. But good to have spares I guess.

I have some airtite H22's for now, so I don't need any more sovereign sized ones, but I'm still going to try for the t22's because I think they are very nice and prefer them, but I am not in dire need of them right now

Are those H22 the really big caps that 1 oz coin fit in and you just buy the foam for your particular coin. To me they do not look good especially if one had a tenth oz coin in. Horses for courses like they say.

6 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Are those H22 the really big caps that 1 oz coin fit in and you just buy the foam for your particular coin. To me they do not look good especially if one had a tenth oz coin in. Horses for courses like they say.

Yeah they are very big, they are the same size as the 32mm airtights, good for putting it all in the same tube, but I'm not a fan, they're overly large for small coins.

9 hours ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Found it...

@BullionBuyerUK did do a group buy some time ago which is when I stocked up... I don't know if he'd be interested in another?

Would be even cheaper if this were to be done again, exchange rate now about 15p better then it was when we did this order

• 3 weeks later...