• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Baird Mint - System Issues

dicker

3 hours ago, dicker said:

Eventually received.  Despite arguing with me about the date that I placed the order.  They challenged that I placed the order on the 2nd when funds were taken from my account, and were adamant that I placed the order on the 6th.

Jokers.

What a strange coincidence. It's almost like they wanted you to pay £20.00 spot instead of £19.58

It's a shame they are so incompetent as they're possibly the best value bullion dealer around. Glad yours worked out, eventually 😬

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That’s been like that for a very long time. They want everyone’s data and scanned ID in person. They’ve got a bit OCD with it all. 

It’s put many off purchasing from them. Lots of sub-dealers or business sellers purchase in bulk from them at a discount. 

For traders it’s good. For the average joe it’s a pain in the backside. 

• 2 months later...

I went back to the Baird website in Dec and Jan and saw some waffle about their website being in “final testing”.

Went back today and their website doesn’t resolve.  Not even a connection error.  

I find it remarkable they are still in business.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 minutes ago, dicker said:

Went back today and their website doesn’t resolve.

DNS was renewed yesterday:

Domain Name: BAIRDMINT.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 1538143637_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.joker.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.joker.com
   Updated Date: 2024-01-19T16:05:11Z
   Creation Date: 2009-01-19T18:16:23Z
   Registry Expiry Date: 2026-01-19T18:16:23Z
   Registrar: CSL Computer Service Langenbach GmbH d/b/a joker.com
   Registrar IANA ID: 113
   Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@joker.com
   Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +49.21186767447
   Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
   Name Server: NS-1428.AWSDNS-50.ORG
   Name Server: NS-1599.AWSDNS-07.CO.UK
   Name Server: NS-360.AWSDNS-45.COM
   Name Server: NS-874.AWSDNS-45.NET
   DNSSEC: unsigned
   URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/

4 minutes ago, dicker said:

I went back to the Baird website in Dec and Jan and saw some waffle about their website being in “final testing”.

Went back today and their website doesn’t resolve.  Not even a connection error.  

I find it remarkable they are still in business.  

They do a lot of b2b I guess. 

Looks like their domain name registration got updated yesterday:

Updated Date: 2024-01-19T16:05:11Z

It's now (at least) using AWS's nameservers and the domain is pointing to a number of 18.* addresses which I think are all Amazon Cloudfront.

So possibly they're in the process to switching over to a new website hosted on AWS. Or perhaps it was always on AWS and now it's just broken.

Edited by Anteater

They have been stating for the last month that they are updating their website at the end of the month with extra features. I guess they be more like other bullion dealers and listing their proof coins and sets online.  They be a lot more choice of coins.  About 8 to 10 years ago their site had a lot more choice.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

They do seem to have put their prices up a bit.  Pity, they tended to be good value.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

2 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

They do seem to have put their prices up a bit.  Pity, they tended to be good value.

Changed just after covid lockdown.

Focus is mainly on business to business dealings and then everyone else. They had quite good stock but firstly their customer service in person was horrendous and secondly the prices have creeped up a lot. Last time I made a few comparisons Gerrards ended up being cheaper!

I'm reluctant to try Bairds again at present based on my previous experiences.

• 1 month later...

Two months later and their website is still in shambles. 

How can it take so long to sort a website out or do they just not want joe public to deal with.

Just over 6 months ago, one could still buy Gillick Sovereign from them at under £370, 

https://bairdmint.com/shop?metal=AU&type=Coin

10 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Two months later and their website is still in shambles. 

How can it take so long to sort a website out or do they just not want joe public to deal with.

Just over 6 months ago, one could still buy Gillick Sovereign from them at under £370, 

https://bairdmint.com/shop?metal=AU&type=Coin

It is shocking... I gave up on them website just constantly offline for buying

Looks like it's finally up and running but won't be surpised if they still have glitches. They haven't added much new stock in over 8 months. Worth the wait? I don't think so.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would have a look at the site today. 

I think they have priced themselves out of the market. 

Most of last summer the cheapest place to buy Gillicks sovereigns at under £10 over spot and now £461, £25 over.   

8 hours ago, Spyder said:

Most of last summer the cheapest place to buy Gillicks sovereigns at under £10 over spot and now £461, £25 over.   

Obviously don’t want casual/passing business 🤔😮Doing ok elsewhere 🤔😮

10 hours ago, Spyder said:

Agreed. Had some good deals a year ago but now nothing that catches the eye pricewise

I had multiple nightmares buying from Baird over a few months:

- Order placed, deposit paid and then...nothing.  Eventually a hard fought refund.

- Order placed, completely mislaid, phone calls and e-mails eventually received gold.

- Ordered some 1/4oz QB's, 2 or 3 out of the batch had red inclusions.  When queried, I was told that they were 'still worth bullion value' - for collectible coins trading over spot+ !!!

Never again.