• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How to solve the wrong address delivered by Royal Mail

I forgot to mention, with some services, tracked-24, tracked-48, or Special Delivery, there is an option to re-direct the mail whilst it is "out for delivery". I'm not sure if it's possible to do this with the service you have used, but it might be worth checking.

To do this, you have to go on the tracking web page when it is "out for delivery" (early morning UK time, between 6-9am), click on the red "re-direct" button, enter the recipient post code that's on the parcel, and choose to re-direct either to a local post office, local delivery office, or another address that is within a mile of the address on the parcel. I tried this once, it only let me choose another post office, but that would still be better than going to the wrong address. 

https://www.royalmail.com/receiving/change-your-delivery-options

I have always found it possible to contact the local DO direct. They have very few opening hours these days, only 2 in the morning at my local, and rarely pick up the phone outside of these hours.

In my experience they are usually very helpful but I could just have been lucky. A few times over the last couple of months they have tracked down the whereabouts of seemingly lost packages.

If you like, PM me the details I will try and phone them for you on Tuesday after the Bank Holiday.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

11 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

Yes, I think Royal Mail will also return to work on Tuesday 3rd January. It is possible they may attempt to re-deliver on 3rd, as stated on the tracking. The only chance of stopping them, if it's even possible, would be to call customer services, who could then contact the Delivery Office for you, if it hasn't already despatched.

It's also possible they may not attempt to re-deliver at all, since the address was inaccessible, it is possible that the address on the parcel is not reachable, and therefore not worth making any further attempts.

Contacting Royal Mail will give you further information. I understand that is difficult, so it is best to contact the recipient and ask them to contact Royal Mail.

If you let the process run its course, it will either successfully deliver to the incorrect address on Tuesday (which is the next working day), or it will remain in the Delivery Office for collection.

If the address on the parcel is very inaccurate, the parcel could end up in the wrong delivery office, which could be far away from the intended destination. Was your parcel meant for London? If so, it has at least reached the correct Delivery Office, and therefore quite local for collection by the recipient.

Yes, London is not wrong. My address is copied and pasted directly from here123.thumb.jpg.001e53679de367cd44da51bd79b3fba6.jpg. I hope that TXC will see my email and FB message when I go to work, and call ROYALMAIL, But I think of one thing, if TXC is closed on 12/31, will the same message or other messages be displayed when ROYALMAIL cannot deliver

11 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

I forgot to mention, with some services, tracked-24, tracked-48, or Special Delivery, there is an option to re-direct the mail whilst it is "out for delivery". I'm not sure if it's possible to do this with the service you have used, but it might be worth checking.

To do this, you have to go on the tracking web page when it is "out for delivery" (early morning UK time, between 6-9am), click on the red "re-direct" button, enter the recipient post code that's on the parcel, and choose to re-direct either to a local post office, local delivery office, or another address that is within a mile of the address on the parcel. I tried this once, it only let me choose another post office, but that would still be better than going to the wrong address. 

https://www.royalmail.com/receiving/change-your-delivery-options

i had see and try for use but it need 5mord day,but i will try use today later

29 minutes ago, JJH said:

Yes, London is not wrong. My address is copied and pasted directly from here123.thumb.jpg.001e53679de367cd44da51bd79b3fba6.jpg. I hope that TXC will see my email and FB message when I go to work, and call ROYALMAIL, But I think of one thing, if TXC is closed on 12/31, will the same message or other messages be displayed when ROYALMAIL cannot deliver

Ah I see. So if you copy & pasted, it is quite likely that, as you say, the building was simply closed on Saturday 31/12, which was New Years Eve. If that's the case, I'd expect everything to be fine. Royal Mail will know the situation, try to deliver again on Tuesday which should all work out fine 🤞

If they don't deliver, just let TCC know that it's waiting for them in the delivery office. This scenario is sure to have happened before and they'll collect it. 

You also have @sovereignsteve kind offer to call them for you to relay the message. 👍