• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How to solve the wrong address delivered by Royal Mail

I would like to inquire about sending a coin to the UK on 11/25, until yesterday the post showed as shown in the picture111.thumb.jpg.166397032487da5a259cfcf38bca263b.jpg

but my address was: "Seymour" instead of 'Spennymoor' but the post and receiving staff have to go to 1/3 to work locally ,Will the post office not have a holiday at all and continue to deliver to the wrong address? and I can't call the other party in Taiwan ask the post office to confirm .what should i do

1 minute ago, SheepStacker said:

Usually if they can't deliver twice due to them not being able to find the address, it will go to the local DO for 2 weeks. The recipient can collect it from there.

It will be difficult as you need the card that has been left, in this case at the wrong address. However, whoever is meant to receive it needs to leave a couple of working days, then go to the local place with some ID etc. and pick it up.

2 minutes ago, JJH said:

Won't they find out the difference by area code and address when they deliver?

Obviously not, as they have tried to deliver to the wrong address already .. or so you have said.

Just now, JJH said:

Also is there no way to tell them htat they send to the wrong region?

Usually quite hard because of the DPA and many instances of mail fraud, you can't just phone up the Royal Mail and tell them the address is wrong.

The person you're sending it to is going to need to go to the DO with some ID to collect it.

You could try asking the Taiwan Mail people if they can contact Royal Mail for you and update the address?

Buy high. Sell low.

What I suggest you do is just be very honest with the person you're sending the item to, tell them you've made a mistake with the address, and ask them to contact their local DO to arrange to collect the item.

It's a better option than faffing around trying to speak to someone at Royal Mail.

Buy high. Sell low.

50 minutes ago, JJH said:

I would like to inquire about sending a coin to the UK on 11/25, until yesterday the post showed as shown in the picture

but my address was: "Seymour" instead of 'Spennymoor' but the post and receiving staff have to go to 1/3 to work locally ,Will the post office not have a holiday at all and continue to deliver to the wrong address? and I can't call the other party in Taiwan ask the post office to confirm .what should i do

It is important to ensure the address was / is correct. 

Some years ago, while we were at 521 Lytham Road, Blackpool, postcode FY4 1RJ, people would occasionally address things to us incorrectly as "52 Lytham Road, Blackpool, postcode FY4 1RJ". 

Despite this postcode being unique to us, the Royal Mail would often deliver to number 52, and when we complained, they insisted they they were obliged to deliver to the actual address, despite clear evidence that the address was clearly wrong. This used to happen several times each year.

If we were lucky, we got a call from someone at number 52, or were alerted by the sender, so could call and recover the item.

One time, we were unlucky. Nobody at the address would own up to receiving a package containing (from memory) about 12 Krugerrands. A helpful Scotsman in a flat at the same property pointed us in the direction of the Asian take-away kebab shop on the ground floor. They all denied any knowledge, but we strongly suspect they had stolen and kept or sold the contents. I cannot now remember the full details, but I think the sender lost out.

Good luck with your current case!

😎

Chards

5 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

What I suggest you do is just be very honest with the person you're sending the item to, tell them you've made a mistake with the address, and ask them to contact their local DO to arrange to collect the item.

It's a better option than faffing around trying to speak to someone at Royal Mail.

the true thing is i was copy adress correct to taiwan mail computer system .and not write by me and taiwan mail just take my money and they dont key adress by someone too....... 

1 minute ago, JJH said:

the true thing is i was copy adress correct to taiwan mail computer system .and not write by me and taiwan mail just take my money and they dont key adress by someone too....... 

Are Taiwan Mail not able to assist? They should be able to make a correction in transit for you? Not like you'd be the first person in history to make an address error!

Buy high. Sell low.

3 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

Are Taiwan Mail not able to assist? They should be able to make a correction in transit for you? Not like you'd be the first person in history to make an address error!

I only asked them to ask Royal Mail last week why my letters were not delivered. They told me that the way to check is that Taiwan Post sends a registered letter for inquiries to the UK and Royal Mail fills it out before sending it back to Taiwan. I was Ask if you don't have a computer or a fax, they say that's the only way

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

I would still try calling Royal Mail, might as well try. Although they will say they go by the address written on the parcel, they will at least give you some information in the event of failed delivery. 

03457 740 740 

they rest now and you mean i call from taiwan but i am not very in english and my failing English listening comprehension

2 minutes ago, JJH said:

they rest now and you mean i call from taiwan but i am not very in english and my failing English listening comprehension

Have you contacted the person you're sending the parcel to? You'll find most people in this country are very reasonable, and I know I'd prefer to be told, because the DO is half a mile from me, and I've been there so many times they know me by face. I'm sure I could get such an issue resolved myself.

Buy high. Sell low.

Just now, SheepStacker said:

Have you contacted the person you're sending the parcel to? You'll find most people in this country are very reasonable, and I know I'd prefer to be told, because the DO is half a mile from me, and I've been there so many times they know me by face. I'm sure I could get such an issue resolved myself.

they 1/3 work and i only have their work phone,

Yes I meant call from Taiwan. If that's not an option, then as the others have said, you have two more options:

Contact the local Taiwan post office you sent from, for them to contact Royal Mail for you.

Or contact the recipient and ask them to collect it from the Mount Pleasant DO, which I believe is central London - probably best to ask the recipient to contact RM first, just to make sure they know where to collect it from.

With the tracking number, RM can assist you/recipient in the next steps to take, which will likely be to collect from the Delivery Office. 

48 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

It is important to ensure the address was / is correct. 

Some years ago, while we were at 521 Lytham Road, Blackpool, postcode FY4 1RJ, people would occasionally address things to us incorrectly as "52 Lytham Road, Blackpool, postcode FY4 1RJ". 

Despite this postcode being unique to us, the Royal Mail would often deliver to number 52, and when we complained, they insisted they they were obliged to deliver to the actual address, despite clear evidence that the address was clearly wrong. This used to happen several times each year.

If we were lucky, we got a call from someone at number 52, or were alerted by the sender, so could call and recover the item.

One time, we were unlucky. Nobody at the address would own up to receiving a package containing (from memory) about 12 Krugerrands. A helpful Scotsman in a flat at the same property pointed us in the direction of the Asian take-away kebab shop on the ground floor. They all denied any knowledge, but we strongly suspect they had stolen and kept or sold the contents. I cannot now remember the full details, but I think the sender lost out.

Good luck with your current case!

😎

How can this happen, if they really don't look at the door number to deliver, how does the postman choose which house to deliver the letter in his hand from the hundreds of houses in front of him

15 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Yes I meant call from Taiwan. If that's not an option, then as the others have said, you have two more options:

Contact the local Taiwan post office you sent from, for them to contact Royal Mail for you.

Or contact the recipient and ask them to collect it from the Mount Pleasant DO, which I believe is central London - probably best to ask the recipient to contact RM first, just to make sure they know where to collect it from.

With the tracking number, RM can assist you/recipient in the next steps to take, which will likely be to collect from the Delivery Office. 

yes i write a letter to recipient and wait for1/3 they work ,what i afraid is postman has sent to wrong adress again and be taken, and taiwan mail work 1/3 too.......

Yes, I think Royal Mail will also return to work on Tuesday 3rd January. It is possible they may attempt to re-deliver on 3rd, as stated on the tracking. The only chance of stopping them, if it's even possible, would be to call customer services, who could then contact the Delivery Office for you, if it hasn't already despatched.

It's also possible they may not attempt to re-deliver at all, since the address was inaccessible, it is possible that the address on the parcel is not reachable, and therefore not worth making any further attempts.

Contacting Royal Mail will give you further information. I understand that is difficult, so it is best to contact the recipient and ask them to contact Royal Mail.

If you let the process run its course, it will either successfully deliver to the incorrect address on Tuesday (which is the next working day), or it will remain in the Delivery Office for collection.

If the address on the parcel is very inaccurate, the parcel could end up in the wrong delivery office, which could be far away from the intended destination. Was your parcel meant for London? If so, it has at least reached the correct Delivery Office, and therefore quite local for collection by the recipient.

31 minutes ago, JJH said:

How can this happen, if they really don't look at the door number to deliver, how does the postman choose which house to deliver the letter in his hand from the hundreds of houses in front of him

They insisted the were obliged to deliver to number 52, even though our postcode, for 521 Lytham Road, is 1.4 miles away.

😎

Chards