• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello everyone

smokestack

Hello to everyone, i am new to the forum and new to pm investing, i hope to learn a few tricks and tips from the more experienced stackers on here. I would also like to thank Dogsoldier for recommending this forum on his you tube channel,

• Founder & Administrator

Hi smokestack,

Welcome to The Silver Forum :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Hi SS, welcome to the forum.

So what are you liking at the moment?

Well i was going to buy maple leafs but i am starting to think of changing my mind after talk of milkspots, even though i am buying for investment i think i would still lke them to look nice.

I have 17 Maple leafs and not one has a milk spot. Maybe I'm just lucky :D

I'd say so, either that or you have better storage conditions to me.

I have had about the same number and every one has spotted.

Stacker since 2013

Danny, unlike most people, I don't put my coins in capsules. Unless you are in a hermetically sealed room when putting the coins in the plastic capsules, there will always be a small bit of air containing water vapour trapped in the capsule with the coin. I use self adhesive cardboard coin flips to hold each coin, (marked with dates weight size etc) and these are placed in small albums, holding 60 coins in each. (easy to transport for when it comes to sell) Maybe the cardboard coin holders squeeze out more air than the capsules do. But whatever i'm doing it seems to be working. 

Maybe the cardboard coin holders squeeze out more air than the capsules do. But whatever i'm doing it seems to be working.

Maybe that's exactly the way to do it. Mine always go into capsules, and every one spotted.

Stacker since 2013

Thank you so much for all the warm welcome posts, this seems like a nice freindly forum, i have had some bad experiences with some forums in the past, so i am looking forward to being a part of this one, lots to learn too.

Archived