• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help identifying Russian salts

BANANAMAN1000

@stefffana maybe able to help

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Hi, thank you for tag, @HerefordBullyun.

Unfortunately, your cellar salts are cupro-nickel, not silver.

Are made in USSR before 1969 by a soviet company named Yummet. The number 5 written before the company's name is showing the number of "artel" from which company belongs. Probably, 5 was allocated for artisanal metal craftworks, I don't know for sure.

An "artel" can be described according Wikipedia as "a small workshop, ostensibly co-operative, but actually under government control."

These artels been disolved from 1969 and replaced by another type of cooperative organisations, with more control from communist authorities.

About the what is written on the bottom, it is easy: the prices.

One of them was 8 roubles and 00 kopecks, the second was cheaper: only 4 roubles and 00 kopecks.

i will attach another one for 4 roubles and 50 kopecks, downloaded from Etsy.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

R (8).jpeg

Edited by stefffana

50 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Hi, thank you for tag, @HerefordBullyun.

Unfortunately, your cellar salts are cupro-nickel, not silver.

Are made in USSR before 1969 by a soviet company named Yummet. The number 5 written before the company's name is showing the number of "artel" from which company belongs. Probably, 5 was allocated for artisanal metal craftworks, I don't know for sure.

An "artel" can be described according Wikipedia as "a small workshop, ostensibly co-operative, but actually under government control."

These artels been disolved from 1969 and replaced by another type of cooperative organisations, with more control from communist authorities.

About the what is written on the bottom, it is easy: the prices.

One of them was 8 roubles and 00 kopecks, the second was cheaper: only 4 roubles and 00 ko anothe

i will attach another one for 4 roubles and 50 kopecks, downloaded from Etsy.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

R (8).jpeg

Another masterclass - I think we have all learnt something today.

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, BANANAMAN1000 said:

I know this is the silver forum, but you are such a helpful knowledgeable group there must be some gold experts amongst you that can Identify the date of my wife's pendant please its 375 for 9ct gold, I think its Sheffield (not sure though)

.Amathyst.jpg.f7b1386eb8616e2da3b91e90f0a77bc7.jpg

Hi, nice to speak with you again!🤗

I can not see too much from this picture. I know it is difficult to do a photo on a small gold item, but maybe you can do it better.

How I can see, with my old eyes, it is not a british hallmark, so will be very difficult to give you too many informations without a good quality picture.

2 minutes ago, BANANAMAN1000 said:

I think the mark second from the top that looks like scales is the common control convention mark possibly the new type 2 mark

Yes, good point if it is a scale (balance). I couldn't see from picture.