• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pendant mount for 1/10th oz gold Britannia

Hi all,

I’m looking for a pendant mount for a 1/10th oz gold Britannia. Coin not needed, just the mount itself.

I’ve looked and I can’t seem to find anything other than mounts for sovereigns and half sovereigns. It may not even be a ‘thing’ so I might not have any luck.

It could be gold or silver but a plain style is what I’m looking for.

Could anyone advise or has anyone seen any online?

Thanks

50 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Hi all,

I’m looking for a pendant mount for a 1/10th oz gold Britannia. Coin not needed, just the mount itself.

I’ve looked and I can’t seem to find anything other than mounts for sovereigns and half sovereigns. It may not even be a ‘thing’ so I might not have any luck.

Thanks

A place in Blackpool used to stock a selection of gold coin jewellery.

😎

Chards

13 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

A place in Blackpool used to stock a selection of gold coin jewellery.

😎

I‘ve had a look on that/their/your website but apart from sovereign and half sovereign mounts, none for 1/10th oz. I suppose there isn’t any demand.

Maybe it’s something you could look to stock and start a new trend.

Stranger things have happened (not the Netflix series). In 2020 there was a huge demand for thin, curb link silver chains which the main actor in Normal People wore.

Edited by Foster88

1 hour ago, Foster88 said:

I‘ve had a look on that/their/your website but apart from sovereign and half sovereign mounts, none for 1/10th oz. I suppose there isn’t any demand.

Stranger things have happened (not the Netflix series). In 2020 there was a huge demand for thin, curb link silver chains which the main actor in Normal People wore.

We used to sell quite a few coin pendants, at least 2500 sovereign ones, like this half sovereign example:

https://taxfreegold.co.uk/halfsovereignpendants.html

But that was back in 1971.

We do have at least a bagful of second-hand coins jewellery, and Hilary found a 1987 Tenth Britannia one, but it is fancy. I have asked for photos.

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, Foster88 said:

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We used to sell quite a few coin pendants, at least 2500 sovereign ones, like this half sovereign example:

We do have at least a bagful of second-hand coins jewellery, and Hilary found a 1987 Tenth Britannia one, but it is fancy. I have asked for photos.

😎

I found photos we took of a pile of coin jewellery a month or so ago:

goldjewellerypilecrop.thumb.jpg.19a67f5b18f21e9208dbc3773698050f.jpg

We have more!

😎

Chards

22 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

That would be good to see. I have wondered how a 24ct post 2012 Britannia might look in a 9ct mount. The difference in colour might make this ‘quest’ seem ridiculous.

Although the 1987 one you mentioned will of course be a 22ct Britannia.

I wonder if wearing sovereign jewellery will ever come back into fashion? Or did it ever go out of fashion, I don’t see many people wearing them. I remember in the 90’s seeing men wearing sovereign rings in big chunky settings, not my thing but each to their own.

Edited by Foster88

16 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I found photos we took of a pile of coin jewellery a month or so ago:

goldjewellerypilecrop.thumb.jpg.19a67f5b18f21e9208dbc3773698050f.jpg

We have more!

😎

The ‘stacker’ in me is amazed by that photo, the numismatist in me just shed a tear. 😢 😆

I wonder if you’ve ever seen any rare gold coins of numismatic value set in jewellery?

20 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

That would be good to see. I have wondered how a 24ct post 2012 Britannia might look in a 9ct mount. The difference in colour might make this ‘quest’ seem ridiculous.

Although the 1987 one you mentioned will of course be a 22ct Britannia.

I wonder if wearing sovereign jewellery will ever come back into fashion? Or did it ever go out of fashion, I don’t see many people wearing them. I remember in the 90’s seeing men wearing sovereign rings in big chunky settings, not my thing but each to their own.

I think sovereign rings are still "in fashion" in some places.

I also don't think coin jewellery has ever gone completely out of fashion, just quieter than it once was.

Gold prices might have something to do with it.

😎

Chards

16 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

The ‘stacker’ in me is amazed by that photo, the numismatist in me just shed a tear. 😢 😆

I wonder if you’ve ever seen any rare gold coins of numismatic value set in jewellery?

I thought it was quite a small stack.

Yes, I have seen some nice guineas and other coins in jewellery, or having been removed.

😎

Chards

31 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Many years ago, we bought in a 1989 proof sovereign, which had been in a mount, and was moderately scuffed.

We failed to sell it, despite keeping it for years, and eventually scrapped it!

😎

Chards

14 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Many years ago, we bought in a 1989 proof sovereign, which had been in a mount, and was moderately scuffed.

We failed to sell it, despite keeping it for years, and eventually scrapped it!

😎

That sounds like the synopsis to a numismatists horror film.

If there was ever such a thing. 😆

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/09/2022 at 15:19, Foster88 said:

Hi all,

Thanks

sarraf jewlery los angeles usa will supply you with a gold mount (14ct) for that coin 16.5m as i have used them many times

brit-front-1.jpg

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.