• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Nugget Question

GucciA1997

Hi Everyone 

I have discovered this forum after researching on ways to sell my gold nugget.

I have looked on selling them via eBay and Etsy but was disappointed with their seller policies. I have attached two photos of my gold nugget. 

As I'm a newbie would this nugget be of interest to anyone? If so should I purchase the platinum membership ? P.S attached one photo as two are too big of a file. 

Kind Regards, 

IMG_20220818_213907_114.jpg

3 hours ago, GucciA1997 said:

As I'm a newbie would this nugget be of interest to anyone?

Welcome to the forum.

You can always create a listing following the Quickstart guide that helping hands shared. 

I personally don't care which level of membership a seller has but give more weight to their feedback and whether they've been around for a while.

Some established members on here will still buy from brand new sellers but it is quite likely you'd be expected to despatch to a trusted seller here and receive payment on delivery. 

In terms of the nugget specifically it's not something I tend to buy but @stackerp5 I think had some listed recently

Good luck 👍🏼

Thank you for the tag modofantasma, and welcome to the forum GucciA1997!

I agree with previous comments. TSF would ideally be the best place to sell your gold nugget. However, provenance (where it came from) and proof of purity (anything will do but an XRF test is more reliable) will help sell the nugget, especially as you are a new member with 0 trading feedback.

From my experience, at the moment, higher premium gold and silver (precious metals with significant % increase over spot price) are generally harder to sell, unless specifically sought after.

I personally have about 1ozt of high purity gold nuggets for sale with XRF test pictures and reliable provenance but they are not moving in this market (which makes sense at the end of the day... people want to accumulate with the best prices in the face of socioeconomic and geopolitical uncertainty). So I believe you might find it hard to sell here, unless you really lower premiums on it.

The fact nuggets aren't refined to 9999 purity, don't contain a nice image or purity stamped on it, also makes it unnatractive to most stackers (from my experience in the forum), making it a sort of a niche on here. If you have any other info, or a price in mind, feel free to send me a private message so I can help out :)

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

4 hours ago, stackerp5 said:

Thank you for the tag modofantasma, and welcome to the forum GucciA1997!

I agree with previous comments. TSF would ideally be the best place to sell your gold nugget. However, provenance (where it came from) and proof of purity (anything will do but an XRF test is more reliable) will help sell the nugget, especially as you are a new member with 0 trading feedback.

From my experience, at the moment, higher premium gold and silver (precious metals with significant % increase over spot price) are generally harder to sell, unless specifically sought after.

I personally have about 1ozt of high purity gold nuggets for sale with XRF test pictures and reliable provenance but they are not moving in this market (which makes sense at the end of the day... people want to accumulate with the best prices in the face of socioeconomic and geopolitical uncertainty). So I believe you might find it hard to sell here, unless you really lower premiums on it.

The fact nuggets aren't refined to 9999 purity, don't contain a nice image or purity stamped on it, also makes it unnatractive to most stackers (from my experience in the forum), making it a sort of a niche on here. If you have any other info, or a price in mind, feel free to send me a private message so I can help out :)

Agreed - but there are definitely people out there who collect nice quality nuggets.

When I visited the Perth mint there were a few prospectors arriving to sell their specimens at the Perth mint - and people buying. Condition and type of nugget seemed to be important factors that affected the price, as was the location based on a short chat with the counter staff.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

37 minutes ago, dicker said:

Agreed - but there are definitely people out there who collect nice quality nuggets.

When I visited the Perth mint there were a few prospectors arriving to sell their specimens at the Perth mint - and people buying. Condition and type of nugget seemed to be important factors that affected the price, as was the location based on a short chat with the counter staff.

Best

Dicker

Thanks Dicker, I haven't taken those factors into account but they do affect price and collectability 👍🏻

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.