• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver eagle specific gravity

GodsMoney

1 hour ago, carrigher82 said:

Hi I'm getting 10.43 on a .999 1oz silver eagle after doing specific gravity tests. I know the silver is supposed to be 10.5, any ideas what's going on here?

I have a few ideas..

1) you're coin is geniune 

2) that is close enough considering the amount of user error in trying to weigh a 1oz coin hanging of a piece of string..in a bowl of water whilst you're brain is screaming "hold it fookin steady "🤣

It's not a complete accurate measurement but you are definitely within range considering the variables. 

Any pics???

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Ok cheers guys that's good news then. @James32 that reply cracked me up. Are you BYB James btw? If so I love your channel mate awesome, balanced work. Voice of reason in amongst a lot of noise.

If it's not you and you've no idea what I'm on about there's a great YouTube channel called backyard bullion 

21 minutes ago, carrigher82 said:

Ok cheers guys that's good news then. @James32 that reply cracked me up. Are you BYB James btw? If so I love your channel mate awesome, balanced work. Voice of reason in amongst a lot of noise.

If it's not you and you've no idea what I'm on about there's a great YouTube channel called backyard bullion 

@BackyardBullion is who you are on about 👍

2 hours ago, carrigher82 said:

I'm glad you enjoy my channel 😅 even though I've yet ( never will ) start one.

That's @BackyardBullion you are referring to sir,but I agree on your comments ( although I'm keeping the compliments) 😂😂

Yeah I honestly think your coin is all good 👍 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip