• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Genuine or Replica 5$ Gold indian head coi

8 minutes ago, MintageSeller said:

425£ but someone won the 2nd for like 175£ i didnt bother bidding it. 

£425 is a fair price so I hope to buck its geniune, but going by the sellers low/only new feedback,I'm not convinced. 

Hope it works out well 🙏 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

10 hours ago, MintageSeller said:

won it in auction 

No, you didn't win it in an auction, you bought it in an auction.

Ebay and traditional auction houses alike will talk about "winning bid", when they mean highest bid.

It always makes sense, IMO, to provide a llink to the auction listing whenever you are seeking advice or a second opinion. It saves the people who are trying to help you from having to use so much guesswork. I see someone did ask you, and you did then provide more information.

I would also ask, why buy stuff like this on ebay if you are quite rightly then going to have doubts?

Oh, and it is difficult to be certain about the coin from the photos.

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

No, you didn't win it in an auction, you bought it in an auction.

Ebay and traditional auction houses alike will talk about "winning bid", when they mean highest bid.

It always makes sense, IMO, to provide a llink to the auction listing whenever you are seeking advice or a second opinion. It saves the people who are trying to help you from having to use so much guesswork. I see someone did ask you, and you did then provide more information.

I would also ask, why buy stuff like this on ebay if you are quite rightly then going to have doubts?

Oh, and it is difficult to be certain about the coin from the photos.

😎

eBay can be a legitimate place to purchase any item, including PM. Making sweeping statements about if the OP should have bought something like this on eBay is not really the point. That kind of statement you make about eBay can also apply to online stores aswell.
Buying from eBay, means the OP has buyer protection, and if they are doubtful of the genuine nature of the item eBay will make sure the they get their money back.
Online standalone stores aren't as easy to deal with in these situations.

The OP was looking for opinions and assistance, and the majority of TSF members seem to have helped out as best they can, it's upto them what they do now.

19 minutes ago, entsor said:

eBay can be a legitimate place to purchase any item, including PM. Making sweeping statements about if the OP should have bought something like this on eBay is not really the point. That kind of statement you make about eBay can also apply to online stores aswell.
Buying from eBay, means the OP has buyer protection, and if they are doubtful of the genuine nature of the item eBay will make sure the they get their money back.
Online standalone stores aren't as easy to deal with in these situations.

The OP was looking for opinions and assistance, and the majority of TSF members seem to have helped out as best they can, it's upto them what they do now.

I agree, but only if a buyer knows what they are doing, and are aware of the risk they are taking, but if they are unsure about an item, or a seller, then I would advise caution and more research before buying.

I am not convinced that ebay's "buyer protection" is as good as ebay claim, or would have you believe.

I am aware that my earlier post was rather direct, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

🙂

Chards

On 18/04/2022 at 23:06, LawrenceChard said:

I agree, but only if a buyer knows what they are doing, and are aware of the risk they are taking, but if they are unsure about an item, or a seller, then I would advise caution and more research before buying.

I am not convinced that ebay's "buyer protection" is as good as ebay claim, or would have you believe.

I am aware that my earlier post was rather direct, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

🙂

Hey Bud, Im well aware of the risk I took a gamble for a decent price if it is fake I get ny money back from buyer protection. In considerstion to how seller listed it, many thanks for your input. 

9 minutes ago, MintageSeller said:

Hey Bud, Im well aware of the risk I took a gamble for a decent price if it is fake I get ny money back from buyer protection. In considerstion to how seller listed it, many thanks for your input. 

Did it arrive yet?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip