• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

24k gold jewelry?

Maybe I am going slightly mad but I have started to feel sorry for my wife who has to walk around like a homeless person while I sit on a stash of gold coins like a greedy dragon.  The utility (brownie points) to be gained from buying my wife some nice gold jewelry is probably going to be worth the premium on such pieces.  Part investment, part brownie points!

I like the mene.com stuff but I believe I would have to pay customs charges into the UK as they are based in the US.  Does anyone know of anything similar in the UK or EU?  22 or 24k.

Mene’s premiums are insane imo. Plus their minimum shipping charges seem excessive even for their tiniest products. I love some of their products, but it’s always been a no for me. I’d rather spend the same amount of money on a numismatic coin which will retain its premium. Jewellery will usually always have to be sold back for spot unless it’s from a vintage and / or big name jeweller. 

The RM seems to be coming out with a jewellery range soon but you’ll have to wait and see what the purity is.

https://886.royalmint.com

Edited by westminstrel

9 hours ago, breaktwister said:

Maybe I am going slightly mad but I have started to feel sorry for my wife who has to walk around like a homeless person while I sit on a stash of gold coins like a greedy dragon.  The utility (brownie points) to be gained from buying my wife some nice gold jewelry is probably going to be worth the premium on such pieces.  Part investment, part brownie points!

I like the mene.com stuff but I believe I would have to pay customs charges into the UK as they are based in the US.  Does anyone know of anything similar in the UK or EU?  22 or 24k.

Just buy her some flowers from Aldi, yes it's a pain having to go back to the entrance again to avoid them getting crushed but it's worth it. 

You can find good pre-owned gold 22ct nice pieces for your wife on Est1897. Premiums are variable, but there are some @ 25% over spot.

I have ordered few times from them and always I've been very satisfied with what I have received.

Usually, in January they have bid discounts and you can buy even 6%-10% premium.