• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fake or Genuine PAMP Gold Bars - Could You Tell ?

Pete

I came across this Youtube video showing some fake PAMP gold bars in Veriscan packaging.
Okay the expensive XRF tester showed the fake straight away.

BUT .....

Would you have spotted this ?

I know the fake bar is thicker but unless you had a genuine bar to compare alongside as in the video, I wonder ( and it is kind of scary ) how many people / stackers might have been fooled.
Appearance and packaging is excellent so be careful.

Thanks for sharing, Last month I visited Dubai and had similar experience, Tons of fake stuff in the gold market. I am mostly into coins and most of the shops were selling fake sovereigns With 22 and 21 Carat markings on them it was funny telling shop keepers those coins were fake   🤣 Barcodes on bars were not showing any results... 

here are a few pictures from the Dubai Gold Souq for gold lovers. 

20220306_181824.jpg

20220306_182512.jpg

20220306_182457.jpg

20220306_185657.jpg

20220306_181829.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...