• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Two coin related items in today’s DT

Whats also going  to be interesting is what shield/coat of arms the UK will have when there is a succession. As I understand this will change as it passed down the male side of the monarchy so Charles will use Prince Phillips. 

The Royal family  will change from the House of Windsor to Mountbatten?    I'm sure there are people on here who would know.  You start looking at the Royal family tree and it all stats to get very confusing.  

Couldn't Charles just go back to one of their real names, not the "fictional House of Windsor" .....Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, or even House of Hanover. Both  have a much more majestic ring to it. 😅

If Charles doesn't want to go down that path, I'm sure Andrew would be keen for a name change, to help him keep a low profile and that sort of thing as he gets dragged through the courts. I suspect the Royal family wouldn't mine it either..😂

5 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Whats also going  to be interesting is what shield/coat of arms the UK will have when there is a succession. As I understand this will change as it passed down the male side of the monarchy so Charles will use Prince Phillips. 

The Royal family  will change from the House of Windsor to Mountbatten?    I'm sure there are people on here who would know.  You start looking at the Royal family tree and it all stats to get very confusing.  

Prince Phillip only changed his name to Mountbatten in 1947 as part of the process he went through before the wedding. He got baptised into the Church of England, and became a naturalised British citizen. He obviously had his roots before that in the Greek and Danish royal families, seeing himself more of the Danish side.